United Nations as Peacekeeper, anyone? (1 Viewer)

loveforever

HSC
Hey!
Just wondering if there's many people here who are doing United Nations as Peacekeeper for Part IV.
I really love this topic so far. I would die if I had to another world war... that'd be so boring!
For the Trial exam (next Thursday) we're only answering a question on Section 1, because that's how far we've gotten.
The only problem with this topic is that there aren't many resources e.g. textbooks because it's not very popular. Some good books I found in my local library are:

The third try: can the United Nations work?
Alison Broinowski and James Wilkinson
Scribe Publications, Melbourne

The Ultimate Crime – Who betrayed the UN and why
Linda Melvern
Allison & Busby, London

The U.N. For Beginners
Ian Williams
Writers and Readers Publishing, New York

I'd highly recommend The U.N. For Beginners. It is good for explaining the basics, and it has cute cartoons and stuff so it's not as dry as other books.
I hope that's helpful! :)

el gwapo

HSC
Just wondering, which school do you go to and how many people do modern in your year?

Because UN as Peacekeeper is a relatively new topic isn't it, and well.... when I went to the USyd lectures there were basically 12 people who went there, and more than half only went there for curiousity.

loveforever

HSC
I go to Cheltenham Girls. There's four modern classes - two are doing Conflict in Europe, one's doing Anglo Irish Relations, and my class (15 people) is doing the UN. :)
Yeah, it's true that it's not a very popular topic. I don't know why, it's really interesting!

~LEAH~

HSC
Yes everyone in my year doing modern is doing the UN. I go to Newtown High School of the Performing Arts. I think there is about 60 of us (bit less I think).
:D

CJS101

HSC
~LEAH~ said:
Yes everyone in my year doing modern is doing the UN. I go to Newtown High School of the Performing Arts. I think there is about 60 of us (bit less I think).
:D
Actually Only Ms Taylor and Mr Morton class is doing the UN, Mr Coles class is doing the Cold War

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)