Units 2010 (1 Viewer)

VLTURBO

HSC
Still waiting for mine, just emailed them asking them why it hadn't gone through immediately :|

I am in the same boat handed the signed form to student enquiries on Wednesday and still nothing. Last year it was updated immediately.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Okay I'm thinking of taking up ANTH106 - Drugs Across Cultures this semester. Can anyone tell me if it's any good or not? I'm rubbish at writing research essays so does the essay involve a lot of extra research etc, or is it pretty much based around the readings and course content?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its a good course from what my friends told me, and it wasn't that research intensive (seeing as they spent most of the time at the bar)

weiwern28

HSC
N/A
Semester 1, 2010
ACST400
FIN310

Lol my last semester in uni and the only one where I haven't done 5 units. So happy.

tinfoilhat

HSC
I am in the same boat handed the signed form to student enquiries on Wednesday and still nothing. Last year it was updated immediately.

me too! taking so long wth hopefully it's updated before class reg opens

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Its a good course from what my friends told me, and it wasn't that research intensive (seeing as they spent most of the time at the bar)
brilliant. I'm tossing up between that and ling109 right now, just looking for as much info as i can find on both.

furiousteddy

HSC
My course requires 38 credit point of 200 level units but I have run out of elective credit points since it only allows 14 cp. Anyone know any other way of enroling into more elective units?

Peartie

HSC
do some next semester, and in 3rd year as well? 14cp is what 5 subjects?

furiousteddy

HSC
14cp in 3 100 level units from last year because I did an extra vacation unit of Spanish. I have 1 elective unit this semester and 1 next semester and thats why its all used up. This semester I will be doing 3 units, so I am looking for a way to do a fourth unit to meet the 38 cp requirement. Do we get new credit points to use every year or what?

Erdkunde

HSC
brilliant. I'm tossing up between that and ling109 right now, just looking for as much info as i can find on both.

Is LING109 Language, Culture, and Communication? If so, avoid like the plague. Dreadful unit on many levels. Though perhaps I'm biased as I did so poorly at it. Only do it if you have a deep love of high-level linguistic and textual analysis, or as I prefer to call it, horse crap.

tinfoilhat

HSC
i'm tossing up between ints204 - latin american histories and ints210 - modern chinese history....

has anyone taken ints210 (previously hist250)... how much was the exam weighted? and was it hard?

leaning towards ints204 since its all assessment based and i hateeeee exams

Alvik

HSC
"Your request has been APPROVED. You are not yet able to self-enrol on the web. This advice will change when your new program is ready for re-enrolment."

Far out. This is really beginning to annoy me. It's been like this for about ten days.

Alvik

HSC
"Your request has been APPROVED. You are not yet able to self-enrol on the web. This advice will change when your new program is ready for re-enrolment."

Far out. This is really beginning to annoy me. It's been like this for about ten days.
"Your request has been APPROVED. You are now able to self-enrol in your new program using eStudent."

(Y)

First sem

SSC 100
DEM 256
SOC 298

Second sem

SOC 182
SOC 224
DEM 255

Lou283

HSC
Well I am a newby this year in B' Commerce - my plan is:

Sem 1
ACST 101 - Techniques and Elements of Finance
BBA 102 - Principles of Management
ECON 111 - Microeconomic Principles
MKTG 101 - Marketing Fundamentals

Sem 2
ACCG 100 - Accounting IA
STAT 170 - Introductory Statistics
ECON 110 - Macroeconomic Principles
ANTH 151 - Human Evolution and Diversity (My people unit =) Sounds interesting and well . . . different)

STAT 170 has two lectures, two tutes and a practical - is the unit alot of work?

Plan to major in marketing but leaving myself open to also major in economics.

Anything I should know about any of these units?

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
STAT170 isn't that bad at all - [my opinion] - they even give you a formulae sheet (i believe) for the exam. There is a reason many major/degree rules require introductory statistics as a part of their program.

Doing it over the full year wouldn't change much, i would think.

Consider yourself lucky - Actuarial Students have to do the (harder) STAT171, and get a credit in it.

furiousteddy

HSC
Okay I'm thinking of taking up ANTH106 - Drugs Across Cultures this semester. Can anyone tell me if it's any good or not? I'm rubbish at writing research essays so does the essay involve a lot of extra research etc, or is it pretty much based around the readings and course content?
It is a pretty interesting and easy course. Every week you get guest lecturers talking about the subject of the week. The main lecturer, Lisa Wynn, I think thats her name, is a pretty engaging lecturer and entertaining too. You have no tutorials, have two lectures per week, one 2 hour lecture and one 1 hour lecture. Assessment is basically a quiz, an essay and an exam at the end of the semester. They give you a list of questions, you choose what questions you want to do for your essay. On the list of questions, each question has a list of readings that you are required to use for the essay which are all on e-reserve, so there isnt much research effort required.

HSC
I will be doing B Commerce/B Law and hoping to do the following units. If someone can let me know if it sounds about right, it'd be great! Thanks :)

Semester 1:
ACST101 - Techniques & Elements of Finance
ECON111 - Microeconomic Principles
LAW115 - Foundations of Law
BUSL100 - Global Legal Frameworks for a Sustainable Planet

Semester 2:
BBA102 - Principles of Management
MKTG101 - Marketing Fundamentals
ACCG100 - Accounting 1A
LAW109 - Criminal Justice and Procedure

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
I will be doing B Commerce/B Law and hoping to do the following units. If someone can let me know if it sounds about right, it'd be great! Thanks :)

Semester 1:
ACST101 - Techniques & Elements of Finance
ECON111 - Microeconomic Principles
LAW115 - Foundations of Law
BUSL100 - Global Legal Frameworks for a Sustainable Planet

Semester 2:
BBA102 - Principles of Management
MKTG101 - Marketing Fundamentals
ACCG100 - Accounting 1A
LAW109 - Criminal Justice and Procedure
Sounds good :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)