• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Units of Study Questions (1 Viewer)

Piano

HSC
Hey, just a quick question. I'm currently enrolled in B. Health Science with a major of Anatomy and Histology. I'd like to transfer to a Biochemistry major in my second year but I've read that "all science degrees require a minimum of 12 credit points of Mathematics and Statistics units of any level and a minimum of 24 credit points of other Junior Science to complete".
So now, I'm wondering if I should pick mathematics (which is irrelevant for my current major) for any possibility of transferring to a science degree.
I've also read that you need enough 'credits' to transfer into another course but I don't understand what these 'credits' are and very confused on what units of study I should be picking :(
Thanks for yo help!

Silly Sausage

HSC
You need a minimum of 12 credit points of mathematics for your first year of BSc. You do not need to do mathematics to transfer to science but it would definitely be an advantage as you can have more credits transferred. Credits are similar to 'units' from HSC where each subject is usually worth 6 credit points (CP) each (mathematics is only 3CP each, hence you need 4 subjects). Thus, you need to complete at least 48CP (fully year load) to be able to transfer via UAC taking into account your uni marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)