Units, whats a good idea? (1 Viewer)

punkoohi

HSC
This year i do:

Catholic Studies - 1 unit (non UAI--compulsory)
Ancient History -2U
Modern History -2U
General Maths -2U
Adv. English -2U
Armenian (language) -2U
Business Studies -2U

Im planning to drop modern next year, and pick up extension history, which means ill have 11 UAI units... i want to get above 85 for my uai, cause thats what i need to get into Macquarie Uni, for Psych (WITHOUT HONOURS).

So, what do you guys think of this idea? can anybody tell me of ranks please? and what would happen if i dont pick up extension and stick with 10 UAI units, is that a good idea?

Shady01

Currently: Destrying liver with celabatory "bevera
HSC
good idea, in the history's you will pick up alot of good eassy writing skills, personally I wish I had done the ancient history/history ext, combined with advanced english. I rekon that is an awesome combo becuase you keep your extended response stamina up without having to do a worthless 40 minutes of extra study at home. Just make sure that with all your subject your RAW marks are as high as you can get them. The higher your RAW marks are the better set you are.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
if you do choose to have 10 units, that's fine (if you know that you will go well in all of your subjects equally). But you should choose the extra units if you can cope with it, or if you want to have 'backup'

desolationrowe

HSC
I'd advise you to start off with 2-3 units of leeway. Things change, quickly. I wanted to drop Bio all through Year 11, but decided to keep it as a fall-back. I didn't really try that hard in it, concentrating mainly on my Chem.

First Chem assessment left me 2nd top in the year. Once again, I really wanted to drop Bio. Resisted. The next assessment task, I dropped THIRTY ranks to the middle of the cohort. I subsequently dropped Chem and am now topping Bio, my "bludge" subject turned crucial 2 units :)

Give yoruself some room to wiggle around. If I hadn't my UAI'd be fucked right now.

Sofstar

HSC
You'll recieve high marks no matter what subject so long as you do really well in them all. Doesnt really matter how many units you end up doing, u just gotta do really well in 10 of them.

People tend to stick with subjects that they enjoy which they would probably be doing well it cuz then its not so much of a pain to study for.
Different subjects scale differently but i don't really know if subject scaling will send ur UAI through the roof.

And now i don't really know what im talking about. Hope that helped. Or created more questions.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)