units? (1 Viewer)

HSC
just wondering, do I study all the Autumn Season units together in a cycle or serperately (meaning, only going on to the next one when I pass) ?

Thanks in advance!

HSC
sorry, ill re-state my question:

Say I'm doing the units:

Unit (1) Eng/Industrial Practice; and
Unit (2) Applied Ergonomics

Would my timetable consist of both subjects alternating each week?

Or would I have to do Unit (1) until completion, then Unit (2) ?

Oh, and another question: Do I buy my text books on orientation day... or should I be doing that now?

Last edited:

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Walking Mushroo said:
sorry, ill re-state my question:

Say I'm doing the units:

Unit (1) Eng/Industrial Practice; and
Unit (2) Applied Ergonomics

Would my timetable consist of both subjects alternating each week?

Or would I have to do Unit (1) until completion, then Unit (2) ?

Oh, and another question: Do I buy my text books on orientation day... or should I be doing that now?
You would be doing both every week. Check on the UWS website for the lecture/tutorial times.

spillargroove

HSC
Yes, both in the same week or day. I also want to reiterate that you don't buy any textbooks until the first day of your course Lecture. This is also said on the UWS website.

L

LaraB

spillargroove said:
Yes, both in the same week or day. I also want to reiterate that you don't buy any textbooks until the first day of your course Lecture. This is also said on the UWS website.
lol that's what they suggest for new students so you don't buy the wrong stuff:p

but if you go to the co-op shop on the campus that your course is at - they have text lists there (the website lists are sometimes wrong) and you can buy em as soon as they're there..

you don't have to get em before week1 since most people don't - just saves lining up for a 1/2 hour :p

L

LaraB

natstar said:
You will have 4 units:

Unit 1- tute + lecture
Unit 2- tute +lecture
Unit 3- tute + lecture
Unit 4- Tute + Lecture.

You do a tute and lecture for EACH subject EACH week. So you should have 4 lectures and 4 tutes per week.
NB: you do not ALWAYS have a lecture tute. it depends on the unit.

you may have seminars instead for example, so just look at what yours says on pweb and make sure it matches up with what it says on the link for timetables from the websit (ie - uws site -- current students -- timetables)

HSC
natstar said:
You will have 4 units:

Unit 1- tute + lecture
Unit 2- tute +lecture
Unit 3- tute + lecture
Unit 4- Tute + Lecture.

You do a tute and lecture for EACH subject EACH week. So you should have 4 lectures and 4 tutes per week.
Yeah the thing is, Im only doing 2 units (part-time?) -
So say i pick: 'Unit #1' and 'Unit #3' from the "Recommended order of unit study". And Unit #3 requires the "assume knowledge" of 'all work studied in semester one'.

So, Would i have to buy all books for units 1- 4, to get the assumed knowledge in Unit #3?
Or does "all work studied in semester one" only relate to Units 1 - 2?

Sorry for the confusing questions...its been bugging me. thx for the replys :)

Last edited:
HSC
natstar said:
Oh your part time, I didnt know that. If you go to your course structure in the handbook online there is a seperate course structure for part time students, becuase the course is 6 years long instead of 3.

Take my degree for example
http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=2503.1

If you scroll down, you will see that there is a part time structure below the full time one. If I was in 1st year this year and studying pt, I would do
Introduction to business law and accounting information for managers.

If you follow the reccomended structure for pt students, you should meet all the assumed knowledge for the units in the next semesters.
thanks for your reply.
Yeah, thats the problem I'm having, because on my degree page of the handbook it only outlines the Full-Time course structure: http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=3503.2

And so Im not really sure what my assumed knowledge is... Im only doing Enginerring/Industrial Design Practice
and Applied Ergonomics (which requires assumed knowledge of semester1, however in it's "recommended sequence" this leaves out the last unit of semester1 -"Fundamentals of Mathematics"... :confused: )

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)