• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Universities in Sydney for Low Vision students (1 Viewer)

Qwwq

HSC
What are the universities/high schools available in Sydney for students with low vision? I am from Bangladesh and I am looking for universities that have specialized courses for low vision students. Also, can you please guide me through the process. I want to apply to universities mainly but since my high school performance was not very good, I am considering doing my high school again. I have personal reasons for which I have to be in Sydney, Australia for the next couple of years. So I am thinking of apply now.

CaptainPrice

HSC
Could you elaborate on the 'low vision' part?

Also, you can do a degree at a uni w/ higher atar requirements by enrolling in the less popular courses and then transferring to your desired course.

You have an entire year, not to mention a few weeks of holidays - start studying, this is only a blip compared to the long term!

Qwwq

HSC
Sir,
I was diagnosed with a disease that stops my tear glands from secreting tear into my eyes. Since then my vision has degraded seriously to the point I can only read/write large letters with big pen tips. Please tell me a list of universities/colleges that accepts people with my kind of disabilities and has courses with supporting instruments specific to my kind of people. Also, I am confused that whether I should join a college level undergrad program or a high school, since my high school performance is very poor. I have only recovered after two years of blindness. So Sir, thank you for your reply and please help if possible.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I am sure most universities in Sydney have disability support. As for your case, I would recommend calling up the universities to find out whether they facilitate people with poor vision.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
hello friend :D

All universities in sydney have facalities to accomodate for disabled students. There is a range of support available including staff, alternative learning, and other services. For example, UNSW has SEADU (http://www.studentequity.unsw.edu.au/) which aims to help disabled students cope while at university.
It would be best to call the university you would like to apply to to find out more

best of luck :D

Last edited:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Sydney University also has facilities to help students with poor vision. You can find more information here.

You should read more on their website above, but some examples of support they provide are note-takers, assistive technology in their libraries, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)