University Confusion (1 Viewer)

shsbdbdbsjjssj

HSC
Hii,
Basically I got early entry into mqu for actuarial/applied finance and I was planning on going there unless I got into UNSW for actuarial. My atar was a lot lower than expected and I have no chance for UNSW but I got my 2nd option which is Eng Honours/Comm at Usyd. I really don't know if its worth me doing actuarial anymore cos the content seems way beyond my capability after seeing my flop HSC results - I rlly wanted to do actuarial but idk if its safer to just stick with engineering at usyd instead and just accept that offer. What do you think is the smart move in this situation?

Lana bananana

HSC
Hii,
Basically I got early entry into mqu for actuarial/applied finance and I was planning on going there unless I got into UNSW for actuarial. My atar was a lot lower than expected and I have no chance for UNSW but I got my 2nd option which is Eng Honours/Comm at Usyd. I really don't know if its worth me doing actuarial anymore cos the content seems way beyond my capability after seeing my flop HSC results - I rlly wanted to do actuarial but idk if its safer to just stick with engineering at usyd instead and just accept that offer. What do you think is the smart move in this situation?
Follow your passion. If you have wanted to do actuarial then you may as well do it. If it's not for you you can always transfer out after the first semester. But when you think about it, the HSC doesn't specifically test you on the skills that make a good actuary and is also subject to many things like scaling and moderation that again don't properly reflect your capabilities within such a specific field. Remember that passion will help carry you through a degree - and by the looks of it both engineering and actuarial are demanding. If I were you I wouldn't just settle at this moment - give yourself some time to think it through. Also, you may as well accept your USYD offer and just simply not enrol. This way you have secured your spot but haven't committed in case of the outcome of other offer rounds. You can find more information on this on the UAC 2023-2024 guide. I hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)