University English Requirement (1 Viewer)

xdxqx

HSC
Hi, does anyone know if there's a requirement for English in hsc to get into university? I've heard that you have to get at least a band 5 to be accepted but I can't see that mentioned on any university website. So, if I meet the guaranteed atar, even with a band 3/4 in English, can I still get in? I'm looking specifically at the engineering degrees in UNSW. Thank you!

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
Hi, does anyone know if there's a requirement for English in hsc to get into university? I've heard that you have to get at least a band 5 to be accepted but I can't see that mentioned on any university website. So, if I meet the guaranteed atar, even with a band 3/4 in English, can I still get in? I'm looking specifically at the engineering degrees in UNSW. Thank you!
Don’t worry you’ll be fine don’t worry about the min

Memorise ur way to a band 6

quickoats

HSC
Some interstate unis have an English requirement since it’s not compulsory in SA (I think) but generally it is assumed you would’ve done some sort of English. Afaik there is NO course where you need advanced over standard. Getting a band 3-4 in either course will not inhibit your application :) If you can push out a solid band 4 in English then your ATAR should be on track.

xdxqx

HSC
Some interstate unis have an English requirement since it’s not compulsory in SA (I think) but generally it is assumed you would’ve done some sort of English. Afaik there is NO course where you need advanced over standard. Getting a band 3-4 in either course will not inhibit your application :) If you can push out a solid band 4 in English then your ATAR should be on track.
So theoretically, even if I get a band 2, as long as I meet the atar requirement, I could still get into the degree?

quickoats

HSC
So theoretically, even if I get a band 2, as long as I meet the atar requirement, I could still get into the degree?
Yes - but aim a big higher than band 2 if you want unsw eng. a solid English band 4 (with good results in other subjects) should comfortably get you there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)