University Mid-year offers (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i just found out the UAC number from last year is gone/deleted, does that mean we have to pay again to do transfers etc..??

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yay uni marks! My marks now totally own my year 12 junk. Can't wait until next year when they don't matter any more... :)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hey if they really are only considering your UAI for mid-year transfer, does it matter how well (or bad) i go this semester? :p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
:'( i wanna do med!!! i wanna do med!!! *sob sobz

sneaker

does anyone know how/if any other interstate unis have published a list of courses offered? I have tried the other states' uac.edu.au equivalent, but can't seen to find what i'm looking for!
thanks

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
how can i get a hard copy of this document- does uac send them out to you or something? :S
You'd need to purchase the UAC book.

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
unsw basically only offers engineering courses ... bastards .. what i want to get out of

screw it

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by freaking_out
well didn't we all get that last year from out skools? :S
yes, but you're not in school anymore, so its not free

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by Minai
yes, but you're not in school anymore, so its not free
So head to a newsagency and fork over the moolah for the book... and if it's your education future, shelling out a few bucks shouldn't be a big concern.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Not unless you do it too late and have to pay a whopping late transfer application fee.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Raiks
So head to a newsagency and fork over the moolah for the book... and if it's your education future, shelling out a few bucks shouldn't be a big concern.
yeah, fees fees fees- should b used to that word by now. :p

Collin

HSC
N/A
I'm kinda confused with these transferring processes and all.

So basically to transfer, we simply apply to the UAC for a second semester offer using methods similar to last year when we were applying through the UAC for this semester? For example, I applied using Apply-By-Web.. and if I want to transfer.. all I have to do is just do that again? Cause in that pdf Ragerunner posted up.. the UAC guide doesn't seem to contain the word 'transfer' in it, giving me the impression that it seems like doing what it suggests in that pdf will result in you getting offered 'a fresh start in a new degree' and not a transfer, if that kinda makes sense. Again, like I said before, I'm sorta lost on these things.

I want to transfer from BSc to BSc (Nutrition), and if my transfer is successful, does that mean the credit points I obtained in sem 1 for BSc is automatically transferred to my 'new' degree? It should anyway, since all I did was add a major. If you're wondering why I won't just NOT transfer and simply major in nutrition in BSc, it's because I can't. Like BSc (advanced mathematics), you have to actually transfer to it because you can't major in it in the vanilla BSc degree.

saves.the.day

HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
I'm kinda confused with these transferring processes and all.

So basically to transfer, we simply apply to the UAC for a second semester offer using methods similar to last year when we were applying through the UAC for this semester? For example, I applied using Apply-By-Web.. and if I want to transfer.. all I have to do is just do that again? Cause in that pdf Ragerunner posted up.. the UAC guide doesn't seem to contain the word 'transfer' in it, giving me the impression that it seems like doing what it suggests in that pdf will result in you getting offered 'a fresh start in a new degree' and not a transfer, if that kinda makes sense. Again, like I said before, I'm sorta lost on these things.

I want to transfer from BSc to BSc (Nutrition), and if my transfer is successful, does that mean the credit points I obtained in sem 1 for BSc is automatically transferred to my 'new' degree? It should anyway, since all I did was add a major. If you're wondering why I won't just NOT transfer and simply major in nutrition in BSc, it's because I can't. Like BSc (advanced mathematics), you have to actually transfer to it because you can't major in it in the vanilla BSc degree.
Well its really mid-year entry. So in effect, you're just applying for a course in uni in the same way you applied in september when you made your first preferences.

Its not a transfer.. its entry so you start again fresh course.. but just like all courses, you're able to apply for credit for previously studied subjects.. just have to make the relevent forms made up depending on the uni etc..

Just remember.. only a very small number of courses are made available during mid year entry.. some uni's only offer 1 or no courses for mid year.

Collin

HSC
N/A
So if I wanted to 'transfer' then, instead of 'starting fresh', what process should I do? I was originally advised to transfer at the end of the year, because the subjects of BSc (nutrition) and BSc were practically the same in the first year. How would I go about 'transferring' at the end of the year? Is it a more inter-institutional process than say me going all the way back to the UAC again..

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
If the courses you did in semester 1 are the same as the ones in which you are transferring to, then you do not need to repeat it when you transfer.

e.g. My situation. I currently do B Science. I initially wanted to do B Sc (Computer Science), however, I knew it might be too much for me to handle. As such, I picked the B Science, and completed all the pre-requisites for B Computer Science. As a result, I can transfer to it next year and continue onto second year as I have completed all the pre-requisites in the first year of B Science.

I wasn't too clear on your question, but that's what I thought you meant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)