University of newcastle 2012 roll call (1 Viewer)

miscer

HSC
Yeah same i accepted on Sunday and it still says 'matriculation'... what's it supposed to say when everythings done?

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Uon's enrollment is really frustrating. It is a definite yes on having to wait untill the PIES session, I got sick of the lack of information so I went onto ask UoN and got told we can not enroll untill the PIES session. Though if you want more info on your program and have set up a blackboard account click your program info and you may be able to find some info from last year as a guide also an introduction to your program. For me this was really helpful as I got an idea of the extra requirements for my course, police checks ect.

Other than that being Uon students means a waiting game untill the enrollment session.

Has anyone considered buying text books yet?

miscer

HSC
Wait whaaat is the PIES session absolutely compulsory for us to enrol? I might not be able to fly down in time so what if I miss my PIES session... can I still enrol in my classes etc online? Also i'll be getting credit transfer for 2 subjects so I should only be doing 2 subjects in my first sem hopefully

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmmm not sure on that best way to find out would be to contact the university its self, just go to their page and in the search bar type "ask UoN" and you can ask them directly on there.

Claire_xox

Premium Member
HSC
Wait whaaat is the PIES session absolutely compulsory for us to enrol? I might not be able to fly down in time so what if I miss my PIES session... can I still enrol in my classes etc online? Also i'll be getting credit transfer for 2 subjects so I should only be doing 2 subjects in my first sem hopefully
Your PIES session is not compulsory it just provides you with some extra info about enrolling, program requirements, etc. You'll definitely still be able to enrol online yourself.
see this site: http://askuon.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/757/related/1

miscer

HSC
Thanks heaps claire, what are you going to be studying this year?

Claire_xox

Premium Member
HSC
Thanks heaps claire, what are you going to be studying this year?
No worries :) I'll be studying psychology and I can't wait! Although I must admit I'm a little bit nervous cause it's going to be a whole new atmosphere compared to school.
What about you?

miscer

HSC
I'm going to be doing radiography, I've already completed one year of uni on the Gold Coast at Griffith University, so I'm sort of used to uni now. Although... i'm going to be doing a completely different degree and i'm going to be moving to a city I know nothing about with no-one I know so that's making me probably just as nervous as you are!

Claire_xox

Premium Member
HSC
That's a fair move from the Gold coast to Newcastle. I'm a local here so of course I know a few people, though none doing my course. Newcastle is a pretty cool place I'm sure you'll love it. There's a few good beaches and an alright night-life too. If you've got any questions feel free to ask :)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
so that's it? 4 BoS-ers @ UoN?

congrats to everyone who got an offer. i hope we can meet up sometime :)
You're doing civil engineering I just saw? I've done the first year you're about to start, so ask me anything

although they've made the physics easier since back then, lol

oh and i hope everyone's enjoying myhub, the make the system harder to use every year without fail

miscer

HSC
yay it's nice to know that i've got some help :)

ughh myhub is terrible lol so confusing if i didn't have bos i'd still be waiting for my status to change from ~~matriculation~~ (since i learnt that word, i love it lol)

What do you do once your status has changed from matriculation? Ive got my username and password.... When can I enrol? I'm trying atm but it keeps saying 'You do not have access to enrollment at this time.'

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
i had to ring up the office of graduate studies like 3 times to accept my offer and enroll because they had to check boxes for me and forgot to do so, nice and frustrating

miscer

HSC
i had to ring up the office of graduate studies like 3 times to accept my offer and enroll because they had to check boxes for me and forgot to do so, nice and frustrating

Oooo a postgrad, whatcha studying Ms Senior?

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
I've been banned far too many times to be a moderator of this place...

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes tried this morning and got exactly the same thing as you, apparently they are doing IT upgrades but from the email they sent us to our uon accounts they said my hub should still be avaliable.
Has anyone else been sent the Australia post mail standards email?

miscer

HSC
what are we even supposed to do on myhub at the moment anyway...?

we cant enrol until our PIES session, what else is there on myhub?

ovalteenies

HSC
Hey I got into radiography too!! Yay other people doing the course :) haha
And I'm getting that same weird message when I try to log onto myhub...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)