University of newcastle 2012 roll call (1 Viewer)

miscer

HSC
Hey I got into radiography too!! Yay other people doing the course :) haha
And I'm getting that same weird message when I try to log onto myhub...
Wooooooooo! more people! are you going to be living on campus, or flatting it?

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey I got into radiography too!! Yay other people doing the course :) haha
And I'm getting that same weird message when I try to log onto myhub...
And now we have three. Hey Ovalteenies are you going to be at the radiography PIES? If so you want to meet up there?

ovalteenies

HSC
I'm staying at a house with other students, it's about 5 mins drive from the uni. Didn't get into on campus. Wbu?
And yep I'm going to the PIES thing, so yeah why not I guess haha.
My real name's Georgia btw

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Ha sounds good, see you there.
For me I'll be commuting everyday, I live on the Central Coast only 5 mins drive from the ourimbah campus but to get to Callaghan its an hour and a half by train.
Oh and in case you missed my earlier post my name's Sarah

miscer

HSC
I'm staying at a house with other students, it's about 5 mins drive from the uni. Didn't get into on campus. Wbu?
And yep I'm going to the PIES thing, so yeah why not I guess haha.
My real name's Georgia btw
Didn't get into college either... dam. Oh well, I'm yet to get accommodation because I'm still waiting for 2nd round offers if I might get into radiography closer to home. Was it hard securing your house? Are you just flatting with randoms or with people you already know?

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
jumb, son
what course are you doing?
where do you live?
let's be friends?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Graduated and got the fuck away from there.

In Sydney now, working and kicking ass. Sorry dude :(

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Telecommunications engineering. I'm now a telecommunications engineer.

ovalteenies

HSC
Didn't get into college either... dam. Oh well, I'm yet to get accommodation because I'm still waiting for 2nd round offers if I might get into radiography closer to home. Was it hard securing your house? Are you just flatting with randoms or with people you already know?
Nah it was pretty easy, just emailed the lady who organised it and payed a week of rent deposit and that was it. I went to see the house last friday so I met one of the other girls then but no, just flatting with randoms. And places are pretty hard to find now I think, just cos the lady said that she has had a further 30 something enquiries about the one room that was available, and some people have been telling me that there's a shortage of rentals in newy, so i would recommend finding a place as soon as you know what your doing :)

ovalteenies

HSC
Ha sounds good, see you there.
For me I'll be commuting everyday, I live on the Central Coast only 5 mins drive from the ourimbah campus but to get to Callaghan its an hour and a half by train.
Oh and in case you missed my earlier post my name's Sarah
That would seriously suckkkk. Can you do some of the subjects at Ourimbah maybe? My grandparents live on the central coast so I'll probs be visiting them a lot there haha, to scab food off them of course... ha :)

miscer

HSC
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOT INTO COLLEGE GOT INTO COLLEGE GOT INTO COLLEGE!!!!!!!

EVATT HOUSE YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOT INTO COLLEGE GOT INTO COLLEGE GOT INTO COLLEGE!!!!!!!

EVATT HOUSE YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grats! I look forward to hearing some stories.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
- what is the best way to get to UoN from Broadmeadow train station?

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
- what is the best way to get to UoN from Broadmeadow train station?
not sure if srs

There's a train that goes to Warabrook, which is the university station. You'd need to change over at Hamilton (one station towards Newcastle). Check the CityRail map.

Buses are also a possibility, since the train station is pretty far from the Shortland side, which you will be spending most of your first year at.

Adding onto this, what is the best way to get to UoN from the Newcastle Airport?
If it's late, taxi will be about $60.

Otherwise, go for busses.

@both of you: http://www.131500.com.au/ works for Newcastle. Similarly, if you use the train, I suggest getting the smartphone app Tripview (there's a free "lite" version).

miscer

HSC
wow, so now we can enrol????? I'm enrolling atm for radiography even though PIES isnt till the 6th???

miscer

HSC
Why the multi accounts? Lol i already signed up for 2 subjects now, physics and the intro to health science profession thingy, as I'm quite sure i'l get credits for the other two.

miscer

HSC
How big the university? Like, how long does it take to walk from one side to the other? Because the physics building is on the very opposite side of the uni to the colleges gahhh

Also, what's the Hunter/Shortland thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)