University of Sydney - Bachelor of Health Science (1 Viewer)

Angelina88

HSC
Hey,
Just curious to see how everyone's responding to this course...is anyone planning to put it down as one of their preferences if they dont get into med?

rockets

HSC
N/A
I think there would be much better courses to do than this for a later entry into med, don't think this would be great stepping stone!

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Do it if you seem interested and you think it will get you a job at the end if you dont make it into med... (highly unlikely if you are preparing for 3 yrs for it)

dora_18

HSC
rockets said:
I think there would be much better courses to do than this for a later entry into med, don't think this would be great stepping stone!
Actually you're wrong..a lot of people do it and transfer into med. Any health science subject is a good stepping stone.

However...parts of the course are hard and boring, and a lot of people (including myself) are wanting to transfer into other things. Anatomy is fun though...you get to look at dead bodies.

"Chubby"

HSC
ok guys, i don't do any sciences for my hsc but im interested in this course....

do u actually need to have done one or more of chem/bio/physics/senior science? becuase in the UAC book for this course there are no assumed knowledge/pre requisites

if i do put down this course and i get it, should i do a bridging course or don't bother about that?!?!?

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
Chubby said:
ok guys, i don't do any sciences for my hsc but im interested in this course....

do u actually need to have done one or more of chem/bio/physics/senior science? becuase in the UAC book for this course there are no assumed knowledge/pre requisites

if i do put down this course and i get it, should i do a bridging course or don't bother about that?!?!?
What do you want to do with it? There are three strands in the course, each is pretty different.

"Chubby"

HSC
D. said:
What do you want to do with it? There are three strands in the course, each is pretty different.
what do i want to do with this course? i want to do this course because it has a relatively low UAI!!! LOL

501n2u

HSC
Im interested in this course as well not because of the low uai, but because it's do to with nutrition/dietetics right?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
501n2u said:
Im interested in this course as well not because of the low uai, but because it's do to with nutrition/dietetics right?
if you're interested in nutrition/dietitics, then why cant you apply for b nutrition or b nutrition/b sports and exercise science

dora_18

HSC
501n2u said:
lol, no it's really got nothing to do with nutrition/dietetics( well maybe a bit...but nothing more than 3classes worth of work) I suggest the B. Nutrition/B sports science...its got a higher UAI though.

Just a thing about the uai for this course though...apparently the course has been really high demand this year and uai is expected to rise, just like a lot of the other health science courses.( and when the campus moves into the city uai is said to be >85...lol thats because cumbo is a hole and no one wants to treck out there ;) )

Personally i didn't do it becuase of the low uai either but because i wasnt really sure what i wanted to do 100%, i knew it was something in health but i didnt know as yet. A lot of people finish the course and do a masters in something else (which is good because say you wanted to do nutrition/dietetics, as you have to do is a postgrad one year by correspondance and you're just as qualified as the people who've done the actual course) When you actually get into uni you really start talking to people who are in other courses, and lecturers open your eyes to things that finally start to interest you...because there are a lot of branches to the course, you have lecturers from all faculties, so you might be sitting in a anatomy lecture...or a biochem lecture and think WOW i really want to end up doing what this guys doing. (this might be 2months into the course or 2years into the course) And when you do you go visit the first yr co-ordinator (who is AWESOME lol) and you'll be like this is what i want to end up doing, and he'll be like right you need to do this and then this and then this. Whether you want to be a physio..or a neurologist..or a nurse.

Anyway if you're not sure what aspect of health you want to get into..i would do this.

Last edited:

rockets

HSC
N/A
When is it supposed to move to the city, is this for all couses at cumbo or just some????????????

dora_18

HSC
rockets said:
When is it supposed to move to the city, is this for all couses at cumbo or just some????????????
The ENTIRE cumberland campus is moving to the main campus in the city...within the next 2-4years. I dont know HOW they're going to pack up that huge place...i mean its not anywhere as big as the main campus but its still big. They've already got some courses taking half classes at cumbo and half at main campus...like exercise sport science....next year more courses will do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)