University of Technology Sydney vs Macquarie University (1 Viewer)

GlowYossy22

HSC
Which uni is better for IT?

At MAQ I am interested in doing a bachelor of cyber security,

At UTS I am interested in doing a bachelor of cyber security, or a bachelor of information technology,

I really like the environment of MAQ and the shopping centre, but I heard UTS has better employment rates and wages. Is it worth going to MAQ over UTS just because of the greener environment? Also the library and teaching?

The travel time is basically the same.

Thanks,

dasfas

HSC
UTS is possibly better when it comes to reputation specifically for IT. However, you are right to consider the environment - you'll be spending most of your time there.

Ultimately, the uni you pick isn't the deciding factor, both are good unis. It comes down entirely to you, i.e. its on you to make the most of the resources that each uni offers. Going to UTS vs MAQ isn't going to make/break your application

Nezuko----

HSC
UTS is the #1 Uni for computer science and engineering, so that's one thing to consider.
But, its true that both uni's are good.

Also, this is something from the tech faculty at UTS :

"
In the fields of Computer Science and Engineering and Telecommunication Engineering UTS has jumped to the top 20 in the world in the ARWU subject rankings (from the top 50 last year), and is number one in Australia for both subjects.

UTS’s world ranking for Computer Science and Engineering is 13, placing it in the midst of prestigious US universities, Cornell below and Princeton at number 12.

In Telecommunication Engineering UTS has been ranked at 19, with Chinese universities, Beihang University and South China University of Technology, in 20th and 18th places respectively.

"

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
UTS is the #1 Uni for computer science and engineering, so that's one thing to consider.
But, its true that both uni's are good.

Also, this is something from the tech faculty at UTS :

"
In the fields of Computer Science and Engineering and Telecommunication Engineering UTS has jumped to the top 20 in the world in the ARWU subject rankings (from the top 50 last year), and is number one in Australia for both subjects.

UTS’s world ranking for Computer Science and Engineering is 13, placing it in the midst of prestigious US universities, Cornell below and Princeton at number 12.

In Telecommunication Engineering UTS has been ranked at 19, with Chinese universities, Beihang University and South China University of Technology, in 20th and 18th places respectively.

"
I thought unsw was ranked 1st for engineering? Besides that I think UTS would be the better pick.
Just my subjective opinion not really backed by anything lol but UTS is just really central to everything. It’s basically in the heart of the CBD whilst Macquarie takes a trip to Narnia.
Almost forgot in relation to the degree UTS is called a technology uni so idk Lol?

dasfas

HSC
I thought unsw was ranked 1st for engineering? Besides that I think UTS would be the better pick.
Just my subjective opinion not really backed by anything lol but UTS is just really central to everything. It’s basically in the heart of the CBD whilst Macquarie takes a trip to Narnia.
Almost forgot in relation to the degree UTS is called a technology uni so idk Lol?
Yeah, when it comes to employability/research, UNSW is better. USYD is also good.

The Shanghai rankings are the only rankings that rate UTS so highly, can't be bothered looking into their selection criteria to figure out why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)