University or High School? (1 Viewer)

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
For me, University > Highschool. I knew the people better in highschool but at uni the learning environment is so much better. People are generally more motivated to do well and that makes me want to work harder as well.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Anonymou5 said:
For me, University > Highschool. I knew the people better in highschool but at uni the learning environment is so much better. People are generally more motivated to do well and that makes me want to work harder as well.
People were more motivated in high school.

Now I'm trying to avoid being too influenced by the "let's jig calculus to celebrate me getting another zero in the chem quiz. heh. I'm so cool" types at uni.

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
Well ok perhaps a larger proportion of people were more motivated during high school. But I like how in uni you generally get rewarded for your efforts - you put in lots of work and you get good scores, you do nothing you fail, just the way I like it. I didn't particularly like seeing people getting good marks in high school even though they did next to nothing. It seems to be different in uni, in engineering anyway - people who really understand the material tend to be separated from those who are lazy.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
engo is really tough though so consistent work will get rewarded most of the time. in something like arts i guess you're studying what you're interested in so actual work may not be an arduous task.

the uni lifestyle is awesome but unsw and commerce in general is shithouse.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I like uni better because there is no one telling me what to do, there is little homework, they give us notes, there are ilectures, we do less subjects than at school.

HSC
Last year, I liked high school better, but now I'm getting used to the lifestyle there and the different mode of learning, i like uni better. :) Once you get used to the idea of eating lunch alone and possibly going through a whole day without seeing someone you know, it becomes so much easier.

plus, i'm warmer now than in my school skirt + stockings in winter....i dunno how I ever survived before. :S

ps i personally think arts requires a lot more work than the stereotype! its easy to pass but to do well you have to really do your research. and then it depends on the marker. :rolleyes: So in terms of work, uni is harder in that respect, and its a lot more intense. But once you move beyond syllabus dot points, its so much better!

Last edited:

sarevok

HSC
in terms of social life, high school, where you have friends with whomy ou have similar interest and become quite close too. most 'friends' you have at uni are nice enough but mostly conversation never moves beyond work and trivialtiies. hard to establish something else in common. and uni can be quite lonely at times.

in terms of work, uni...more interesting, more challenging...yes i'm not getting as high marks as i used to but that it is to be expectd, given work is more difficult and other committments

though must add law school is similar to 'high school' atmosphere, due to small class sizes and seeing same group of 20-30 people for 2 or 4 hours every week...

Last edited:

bradc1988

HSC
The only thing I miss about high school is the social factor, being socially inpet it's been hard making friends whereas in high school I some how had a lot of friends; yeah I don't know how either. Everything else goes to Uni, the learning environment, the freedom, the subjects etc everything is better, oh and coming from an boys high school, the women are a lot better looking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)