Unofficial HSC Advice Line Closes Doors... (1 Viewer)

AreYouAlright?

Actuarial Co-op 2006
HSC
It is with great sadness that I, the self-elected chairman of the Unofficial HSC Advice Line announce the last call received as of 8:00pm EST on 27th October 2005.

It is with tremendous regret that due to a increasing difficulty to staff the unofficial line and a decreasing number of callers there was no other option but to close the doors.

On behalf of the volunteer workers who staffed the line from 7:30am-11:00pm 7 days Evdogs, Ralph [R.Haider], and myself I would like to thank you the Bored of Studies community for the support you gave our initiative and I would like to formally acknowledge the efforts of these people in helping a total of 1035 callers with their HSC.

It is but one thing to live a happy life, it is entirely different to help others do just that.

So may I say - Ladies and Gentlemen, the carnival.... is over.

Last edited:

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
I, R.Haidar (or Ralph as affectionatley known on the advice line) am honoured to have served each and every one of the callers i recieved... i truly believe i have helped your studie sin the hsc and commend each and everyone of those who helped me help you. In particular i would like to thank Tim... without his ongoing support, renewal of my free subscription, and endless man-hours manning the advice line, none of us would be where we are today. credit is also due to evdogs, whos early skepticism of the advice line later allowed him to experience it in its full glory.... the glory that is... helping people

a famous man once said "tis better to die on your feet than to live on your knees". we ladies and gentleman have decided that the unofficial hsc advice line has served its purpose for this years hsc students, and we can only hope that future academics will be facilitated in a similar way. we believe we have reached our pinnacle and have decided to quit while were ahead. after long talks with all members, decision trees, and an outcomes table we decided that the most time-efficient way for our personal studies was to close the advice line. thank you to all we served.

"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure." we have tried... we have succeeded... we have triumphed..

peace out
ralph

esieff

Well I must add my thanks to Tim and Ralph who gave me a shot on this Advice Line after I bagged the shit out of it in the beginning, and then realised how good it could actually be. Cheers to Tim for being the head-organiser-inchief dude and to Ralph for handling all those maths nerds who were under some sort of illusion that I was any good at maths lol. Working on it has been an experience indeed. And in a really non-study way actually made me do more work on my subjects than perhaps I would have done otherwise - attempting to answer all your bitch-ass questions lol. I'm sad to see it go - but like most things - the end is inevitable. It was fun while it lasted that's for sure. Maybe some peeps will try something similar next year, and I think that the idea's worth keeping alive. To all those who used the line thankyou. This has been Evdogs. Signing out.

Santah

HSC
thanks to evdog who answered my one and only call ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)