UNSW academic achievement scholarship - SOMEONE PLZ HELP!!!! (1 Viewer)

rishika

HSC
hi, i was told that i was nominated by my school to recieve a 4K unsw scholarship. i get 4000 dollars if i enrol at th uni and the scholarship also apparently gurantees u in2 any course at unsw as long as u r 5 uai points wihin th cut off.
i got a UAI of 97.6 and desperately want 2 do combined law at unsw next year- cut off is 99.3 approx. so if it is my 1st pref, will i definitely get it ? ?
also, i hvent received any confirmation from UNSW that i have actually gaind the scholarship, i just have 2 take the word of my careers advisor, wich i am unsure abt coz he can b unorgansied sometimes. all u ppl that have also gained this scholarship, have u rcvd and letter or email 2 confirm that u actually got th scholarship??? bcz i just want 2 make sure that i actually got it so i kno 4 sure that law is confirmed 4 me!! is there any way of finding out?? im overseas at th moment so i cant contact unsw and they dont open til jan 5 neway. cnt go 2 open day either.
SOMEONE PLASE HELP.. B4 THE 7TH. ASAP !!!

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
If u get into any unsw course, provided ur within 5 uai pts, u'll get the $4000. (so if u really want that $4000 then make sure your first few prefs are unsw and u're in by 5 pts)
My sister got it too.

C

Chrisssss

You attained a UAI of 97.6 but don't know how to call UNSW to ask them about this matter?

rishika

HSC
Chrisssss said:
You attained a UAI of 97.6 but don't know how to call UNSW to ask them about this matter?
if u read my post properly u wud kno i am overseas amd i couldnt have called them b4 i left coz the frigen uni was closed. they open on the 5th n im not coming bak till the 20th.
so id appreciate it if u could actually help me with this mater instead of throwing around usless dumbass comments wen u urself dont kno wtf ur talking abt.

thx 4 ur help the rest.

rishika

HSC
Omie Jay said:
If u get into any unsw course, provided ur within 5 uai pts, u'll get the $4000. (so if u really want that $4000 then make sure your first few prefs are unsw and u're in by 5 pts)
My sister got it too.
please ask ur sister, did she receive a confimration email from unsw saying she got the scholarahip ?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
She got a certificate and letter on her final awards night, nothing else so far. Im guessing more stuff will come after the main round offers are released. She just needs to be within 5 uai pts of any unsw course, and actually get an offer into unsw (this is the main thing), THEN the $4000 will be confirmed, i reckon.
She's actually overseas atm, but i dont think any email was sent to her, only the certificate and letter on her awards night.

and since ur off by ur first pref by 2 points, u MAY make it, BUT it depends on how many people have applied for that course. Anyone who has reached/surpassed the cutoff will obviously get preference over you. Just make sure that if u really want the $4000 (who wouldnt) that any UNSW preferences are at the top of your pref list, and sort those unsw prefs in order as to what degree u want to do at unsw.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
wow! i think ur right, actually.

[wow! referring to your username, not my expression of amazement]

Last edited:

sirfeathers

HSC
rishika said:
hi, i was told that i was nominated by my school to recieve a 4K unsw scholarship. i get 4000 dollars if i enrol at th uni and the scholarship also apparently gurantees u in2 any course at unsw as long as u r 5 uai points wihin th cut off.
i got a UAI of 97.6 and desperately want 2 do combined law at unsw next year- cut off is 99.3 approx. so if it is my 1st pref, will i definitely get it ? ?
also, i hvent received any confirmation from UNSW that i have actually gaind the scholarship, i just have 2 take the word of my careers advisor, wich i am unsure abt coz he can b unorgansied sometimes. all u ppl that have also gained this scholarship, have u rcvd and letter or email 2 confirm that u actually got th scholarship??? bcz i just want 2 make sure that i actually got it so i kno 4 sure that law is confirmed 4 me!! is there any way of finding out?? im overseas at th moment so i cant contact unsw and they dont open til jan 5 neway. cnt go 2 open day either.
SOMEONE PLASE HELP.. B4 THE 7TH. ASAP !!!
this is a bit late now lol but if I was you I would try to contact either the scholarships office or your school to confirm. I found out yesterday at the open day that my school had "forgotten" to send the nomination letter back, even though my principal had given me her verbal assurance that I had it. And I only found out because of a chance conversation with one of the scholarships officers. So yeah, I'd contact them, just to make sure.

rishika

HSC
sirfeathers said:
this is a bit late now lol but if I was you I would try to contact either the scholarships office or your school to confirm. I found out yesterday at the open day that my school had "forgotten" to send the nomination letter back, even though my principal had given me her verbal assurance that I had it. And I only found out because of a chance conversation with one of the scholarships officers. So yeah, I'd contact them, just to make sure.
hey guys,
the uni emailed me back, saying they didnt receive the paperwork, ftrom school , so i dont get the scholarship. i was crushed! the school obviously screwed comething up as well.
to cut a long story short, i called the uni from here, managed 2 tk to some1 from teh scholarship office, and she said they will give me the money but there is nothing they can do abt the bonus pts. its better than nothing i thought.
then just yesterday, she called us again at 5am (was 10.30am in aus) saying she contacted uac and they will give me the bns points =]
so hopefully i will be able 2 do law now =]

thkyou 4 al your help. :)

rishika

HSC
sirfeathers said:
call up the uni and hopefully they will help u out too. they really are so nice and helpful!!

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Holy fuck, if my school did that to me then i'd seriously get so pissed at them, they'd fucking owe me $4000 then, but when i finished reading the post i realised that all is well for you, PHEW!!!

Congrats to getting the money and the bonus uai pts!!!

sirfeathers

HSC
rishika said:
hey guys,
the uni emailed me back, saying they didnt receive the paperwork, ftrom school , so i dont get the scholarship. i was crushed! the school obviously screwed comething up as well.
to cut a long story short, i called the uni from here, managed 2 tk to some1 from teh scholarship office, and she said they will give me the money but there is nothing they can do abt the bonus pts. its better than nothing i thought.
then just yesterday, she called us again at 5am (was 10.30am in aus) saying she contacted uac and they will give me the bns points =]
so hopefully i will be able 2 do law now =]

thkyou 4 al your help. :)
Well I'm glad it all worked out fine for you, this is exactly what ended up happening with me as well. Thank god for the scholarships office! (Although I also left a howler on the school's answering machine)

rishika

HSC
Well I'm glad it all worked out fine for you, this is exactly what ended up happening with me as well. Thank god for the scholarships office! (Although I also left a howler on the school's answering machine)
lol! I had a good mind 2 do that too! congrats =]

nolawforme

HSC
N/A
I realise that this will be too late by about 2 hours, but you've got to be joking dont you?
Of course you wont get into law, 5 bonus points will not apply to law or med. its the same with their other bonus points. can you imagine the complains from all those 99.2ers who didnt get into law because some bloke on 96 who got a scholarship coz he was dux of walgett high got bonus points?

Proof? I am an AAA receiver, got 98.XX and no law for me.

BUT I am happy to be corrected, incase it changed this year from last. in that case, congrats the dude from walgett high :haha:

S.T.P

HSC
^wrong, i am an AAA reciever and got an offer for combined law with a UAI of 96.5

Koolak

HSC
Same here, I got an AAA and a UAI of 99.3. Cut-off was 99.4 but I still got an offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)