UNSW and Usyd open days on the same bloody day (1 Viewer)

rherkes

HSC
Don't worry; I have done it several times before. What you have to do is make sure you are not alone. Bring a friend if you need to or walk close to another person along the street. Do not travel at night, because this is when it is most dangerous. And don't venture off to look at the train sheds (if you are a rail fan or have an interest in Emergency Services) or the shops at the other side of Redfern; it could get a little dangerous.
From Redfern station turn left and walk down Lawson st I always stay on the left because this is where everyone else walks. Then you should reach an intersection with a pub on it, turn left again and walk along Abercrombie st. At the first traffic light turn right into Shepard st (there should be a small park on the left just before the intersection). At the corner of this street is the entrance to Sydney University. You should find yourself outside the Engineering Buildings.
Alternatively you can catch a bus from outside Central to the Wentworth building on City rd. It costs 80c per way with a student ticket, but is a little bit safer, and you can stop at UTS on your way back.
The bus picks you up at the Bus shelter on the intersection of George St, Pitt st and Lee st at the end of the Western side. (I think the bus number is 228 but there are three other route numbers and a sign which will help you out). The bus will take you up George st and up Broadway, but will stop at bus stop along the way. When you pass the Broadway shopping center the bus will turn into City rd and you will see a large park on the right. You will pass Cleveland St with the Traffic lights. Just before the next traffic lights there should be an overpass. When you see this overpass press the red stop button so the driver can stop and you should arrive outside the Wentworth building. If you have time you might be able to look around in this building. There is a Doughnut King on the middle level as well as games rooms, a cafeteria, Bakery, and Newsagent.

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
And here I am using my legs like a sucker :eek:
Cut off ur legs then with a chainsaw...then u'd qualify for sure :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)