• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UNSW B-commerce/B-science cut-off? (1 Viewer)

T

trowla17

Ok.. the ATAR cut-off for commerce/science is 96.3, but my ATar estimate atm is more like 95.8. I know I can improve a bit and bump it up to where it needs to be but in case i don't meet the ATAR cut-off, is there any other way for me to get into that course?

T

trowla17

nah.. i quote
The following programs are NOT included in HSC Plus:
•B Actuarial Studies and dual Actuarial Studies programs
•B Actuarial Studies (Co-op)
•B Commerce (Co-op)
from the website... so yeah any other ways?

EDIT: wait. is commerce (co-op) similar to commerce/science, i'm confused..

Last edited by a moderator:
T

trowla17

quickie update.

Just checked the site, it said I needed an E4 in Maths ext1 (pretty hard) to get 1 bonus point and a band 5/6 in English advanced to get 2 bonus points and a band 4 in English to get 1 bonus point .

This seems really strange since if you're getting an ATAR of 95+, then your english is often already band 4/5 so you instantly get in to the course anyway... someone show me some logic please.

Shadowless

HSC
quickie update.

Just checked the site, it said I needed an E4 in Maths ext1 (pretty hard) to get 1 bonus point and a band 5/6 in English advanced to get 2 bonus points and a band 4 in English to get 1 bonus point .

This seems really strange since if you're getting an ATAR of 95+, then your english is often already band 4/5 so you instantly get in to the course anyway... someone show me some logic please.
often but not always

plus i think it has something to do with why the course cut-offs are so inflated

T

trowla17

the course-cut offs have been steadily decreasing since 2010, and now with the introduction of bonus points.. could it be our population is slowly getting dumber? Anyways, are the points automatically added to your application or do you have to go and apply for them?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Bonus point are added to your Atar. Btw Atar scores do not reflect intelligence, they reflect popularity...

T

trowla17

Btw Atar scores do not reflect intelligence, they reflect popularity...
I see... it all makes sense now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowless

HSC
the course-cut offs have been steadily decreasing since 2010, and now with the introduction of bonus points.. could it be our population is slowly getting dumber? Anyways, are the points automatically added to your application or do you have to go and apply for them?
they've been around for a long time now..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)