• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNSW: Bachelor of Arts and Business OR Macquarie Uni: Bachelor of Commerce (1 Viewer)

leechenjie

HSC
Hi, I have recently finished the foundation program in UNSW and was offered to go through the course of Bachelor of Arts & Business in UNSW. My first choice was UNSW Bachelor of Commerce majoring Marketing but my GPA score (results) were not high enough.
On the other hand, my family and I have already planned a backup option that is Macquarie's Bachelor of Commerce. By going through with Macquarie Uni, I would be doing what I was aiming for my first choice but only in a different Uni.
What I want to know is what is the difference between these two courses and whether going through with the better University name is better than going through the course I've been wanting to do. In other words, Course>Uni or Course<Uni.
It is no doubt UNSW holds a better name than Macquarie University, what I want to know is whether the name of the Uni of my degree outweighs the course I am in. And both of the courses that I am having a dilemma on is quite similar anyways but BCommerce I've heard lands a better job? Idk...

Oh and if I do go through with what UNSW has offered me that is Bachelor of Arts and Business, is there a way I can transfer from Arts & Business to BCommerce within UNSW?

Here are the links:
UNSW Bachelor of Arts and Business: https://www.arts.unsw.edu.au/future-students/undergraduate/degrees/bachelor-of-arts-business/
Macquarie Bachelor of Commerce: http://courses.mq.edu.au/international/undergraduate/degree/bachelor-of-commerce

Any opinion or help is appreciated !! Thanks

waterlml

HSC
i was considering putting UNSW arts and business and MCQ commerce as my preferences too however later when i looked up the web i think UNSW arts+bus and MCQ commerce are two VERY different courses, maybe i misunderstood but i think the arts and business one is more about ARTS instead of commerce or business or stuff like that..

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Macquarie is probably the safe option in the short term. And then look to transfer back.

75 wam can be challenging, but really depends on your abilities.

Excuse my brag, but i just chilled whole semester and only started studying in stuvac and ended up on D wam. :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)