UNSW bonus points? (1 Viewer)

checrollar

HSC
Hey Guys, congrats to everyone for their awesome atars, i got 93.3 for my atar, and i was hoping to get into a combined bachelor of commerce at unsw with the atar 96.7, but i get 5 bonus points due to their scheme, so what im wondering is will i have enough to be comfortable enough not to worry about not getting in?

HSC
Hey Guys, congrats to everyone for their awesome atars, i got 93.3 for my atar, and i was hoping to get into a combined bachelor of commerce at unsw with the atar 96.7, but i get 5 bonus points due to their scheme, so what im wondering is will i have enough to be comfortable enough not to worry about not getting in?
Where do u go to check if you are eligible for the EAS scheme?

checrollar

HSC
im not exactly sure, i would have assumed that the uac sent eligibility letters to the email provided, but i havent got one yet either

checrollar

HSC
the unsw has a hsc plus points scheme where if you get band 6's or 5's in certain courses then you get bonus points towards your atar for a particular course, sorry for the confusion

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
thats enough if u get 5 bonus points. doubt its gonna rise to 98.3+ for commerce, especially with the uncapping of uni places this year

UNSW

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Congratulations on your ATAR.

If you are applying for B Commerce and will receive 5 HSC Plus points then based on the 2011 ATAR of 96.70 you will be competitive for this program.

You mention 'Combined B Commerce' - which program are you planning to combine B Commerce with? If it is Law you will not be eligible for HSC Plus points as Combine Law is not eligible for points under this scheme. If you plan to combine B Commerce with Science or Arts, for example, you will still attract the 5 HSC Plus points. Please see www.unsw.edu.au/hscplus for more information.

Kind regards,

Jenna @ UNSW Student Recruitment

checrollar

HSC
Thanks for the replies tim and jenna. Oh and i was just thinking of combining it with science, thanks for the advice.

zxreth

HSC
thats enough if u get 5 bonus points. doubt its gonna rise to 98.3+ for commerce, especially with the uncapping of uni places this year
Hi can you please explain what you mean by the uncapping of uni places this year? also which unis is this applicable for? thanks

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Hi can you please explain what you mean by the uncapping of uni places this year? also which unis is this applicable for? thanks
It's been floating around the media recently.
The government is no longer capping places at unis, i.e. they're funding all places for students that universities choose to enrol. This could mean larger enrolments (of course, depending on the resources the uni has).

CCMc

HSC
Where do u go to check if you are eligible for the EAS scheme?

UAC sends an email to you regarding your EAS eligability. The email provides you with a link to your UAC Account. You need to then log in and your letter from UAC regarding your EAS application will be under 'correspondence' on your UAC Profile Page.

checrollar

HSC
Since my question is still relevant to bonus points from the UNSW plus bonus points scheme, would anyone know if i still get the bonus points when applying for late round offers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)