UNSW Campus (1 Viewer)

figsan

HSC
N/A
Hi! I am highly leaning on accepting an offer from UNSW vs an offer from USyd. :)

I want to know how the campus is like and the people. I'll be entering as a postgrad coursework student and I am 22 years of age. :)

Let me know. Thank you!

so_what

HSC
Stairs. A lot of stairs. You have been warned. Other than that, pretty good. People are pretty nice too.

plasticities

HSC
Personally I think the campus is pretty and mostly really modern. The stairs can be such a pain but I think you get used to them after a while. So far everyone I've encountered is friendly.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
lol there's a way to avoid the stairs if you really wanted to

and yep, everyone is extremely nice and outgoing :)

figsan

HSC
N/A
What is the balance of domestic and international students?

And are postgrad students still welcome to join orgs?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I'm sure you allowed to join organisations and societies if you get ARC membership. If you do plan on coming, make sure to set out a timetable that avoids lower to upper campus classes.

figsan

HSC
N/A
How do I get an ARC membership?

Also, will I be provided a set of classes that I am required to take on my first semester? because in my offer letter I was told that I have 12 transfer credits (2 core subjects, as stated in the letter).

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
Better quality of health due to constant stair walking ?
If you're already constantly sick (like I am), stairs won't do you any good. I still climb those stupid things though... (Am I allowed to use the elevator? If so, which floor do I press?)

...next time, I'm organizing my schedule so that I can avoid those stairs like the plague. =/

And all the people I've met so far are pretty nice. (First semester here, it's going pretty alright.) Sure you'll do fine. ;)

HSC
Uni Grad
I love the campus. Really modern architecture and facilities, campus is smaller than USyd but there are a lot of stairs. You get used to them pretty quickly though. Everyone I've met has been really friendly. There are a lot of international students but I've rarely run into into them. Doing Masters of Commerce you'll probably run into more.

You can join arc by filling out this form online and then going into the Blockhouse to activate your membership. Blockhouse is right next to the Roundhouse at the bottom of campus, closer to the main university walk.
Better quality of health due to constant stair walking ?
I suppose this is true. Now days I can sprint up Basser steps + the library stairs all the way up to level 5 without breaking a sweat. Back during O-Week my legs were dying by the time I got to the top of the Basser steps.

Come to think of it I rarely ever see fat/obese people around campus. UNSW - Watch those calories fly away

halapenyo

HSC
unsw is a great uni. absolutely love it. people are really nice too.
and the stairs arent too bad (except for the ones in front of the electrical engineering building).

HSC
Uni Grad
I find that UNSW is quite friendly. Lots of internationals, but I don't tend to seem them a lot.

Overall, a good university by far (Y)

I love the campus. Really modern architecture and facilities, campus is smaller than USyd but there are a lot of stairs. You get used to them pretty quickly though. Everyone I've met has been really friendly. There are a lot of international students but I've rarely run into into them. Doing Masters of Commerce you'll probably run into more.

You can join arc by filling out this form online and then going into the Blockhouse to activate your membership. Blockhouse is right next to the Roundhouse at the bottom of campus, closer to the main university walk.

I suppose this is true. Now days I can sprint up Basser steps + the library stairs all the way up to level 5 without breaking a sweat. Back during O-Week my legs were dying by the time I got to the top of the Basser steps.

Come to think of it I rarely ever see fat/obese people around campus. UNSW - Watch those calories fly away
Although some of us HAVE seen one fat/obese person at UNSW... matty G, if you know who he is :p

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad

Rofl. I think there's quite a few overweight people (like me), but you're right - I haven't seen many obese people around. (And the stairs are slowly making me lose weight...)

My stamina's slowly improving as well. Though it's still my first semester, so I'm huffing and puffing and I'm slower than everyone else, but I'm getting used to it. x'D

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
With the elevators, they're slow and really only trial and error works in figuring out what stop to get off at. I don't think many people take note of those things.

I, however, have a lovely shortcut through the Webster building to get from the ASB to Red Centre.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
With the elevators, they're slow and really only trial and error works in figuring out what stop to get off at. I don't think many people take note of those things.

I, however, have a lovely shortcut through the Webster building to get from the ASB to Red Centre.
...not much of a shortcut for me, haha. If only there was a shortcut from the lower campus to the upper campus...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Electrical Engineering building. Enter where that new Aboriginal place will be -> lift to level 3 (?) -> walk to bridge -> walk across bridge

BAM!

you're at the CLB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)