UNSW clubs & societies (1 Viewer)

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by Angelic_Angel88
I joined the Hillsong Campus, which I was fairly impressed with, filled out forms for a couple of other Christian clubs, and also joined the UNSW Chinese Society.

A guy from the Formosa Ideology and Cultural Society came up to my friend an I and told us that Jay Chou were gonna visit them. I thought it sounded a little farfetched, and it turns out that I was right. He said "Jay Chou's not coming okay? I was lying!" or something like that. Haha, it was funny.
yeah be careful!!!!!
Last year, I was innocently walking up the stairs with a friend of mine, and an asian man with glasses approached us with promises of a free lunch.
I couldn't refuse, nor could my friend.
He led us through a door, giving us a mysterious piece of paper as we entered, and then we were told to sit down. It was a Christian singing practice session (the paper contained the lyrics). There was quite a few there, so we stuck it out, but didn't sing.
Got the free lunch, left, and that was that. Surprisingly, there were delays with the lunch getting there, meaning even more rehearsals.

The point? There's no such thing as a free lunch. Promises of food, of Jay Chou? Don't take the bait!

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by Patricio
yeah be careful!!!!!
Last year, I was innocently walking up the stairs with a friend of mine, and an asian man with glasses approached us with promises of a free lunch.
I couldn't refuse, nor could my friend.
He led us through a door, giving us a mysterious piece of paper as we entered, and then we were told to sit down. It was a Christian singing practice session (the paper contained the lyrics). There was quite a few there, so we stuck it out, but didn't sing.
Got the free lunch, left, and that was that. Surprisingly, there were delays with the lunch getting there, meaning even more rehearsals.
The point? There's no such thing as a free lunch. Promises of food, of Jay Chou? Don't take the bait!
LOL! Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind. :)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
how do i create new society, i know it should be at least 15 members and whats else?
You will have to speak to the guild for that one. There are some guild stalls around o week that you might be able to ask.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
The campusBiblesociety guy lied to us :angry:

Said that his explanation would take 2 minutes and in the end it lasted 15!!! After all his idealogical talk, he is no different to us :p

sunny

meh.
HSC
You will be quick to learn to avoid CBS along the main walkway and gate 8.

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by enak
Said that his explanation would take 2 minutes and in the end it lasted 15!!! After all his idealogical talk, he is no different to us :p
That's not good, it sounds like they're giving people the wrong image of Christians. :(

Their Bible study is led by a priest, which sounds interesting though. Hmmm...

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
the PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING SOCIETY, ANYONE interested??

we can get PPV every month, and have get wrestling lessons and live matches happenijng....anyone here interested?? anyone?? i guess not :(

smittenkitten

Poopinator
BAHAHAHAHAH Thank...err...God? - I made a wrong turn and ended up having to pay $1 for my sausage sizzle LOL and $1 for a can of coke...BAHAHAHAHAH That's hilarious Patrico:p PHEW I was seriously considering going to scab free lunch...I'm just so glad I got lost. Thank you: woman's lack of directional sense!:p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by enak

yeah, we had them, as well as a bunch of others annoying the hell of us 2day. LoL :D

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
how do i create new society, i know it should be at least 15 members and whats else?
I believe you need a member of staff to endorse you as well ...

maniacguy

Originally posted by McLake
I believe you need a member of staff to endorse you as well ...
No, you don't.

You need at least 15 members to put name, student no and signature on a membership sheet. Other than that you need to hold an AGM where you elect at least four people to an executive. Positions must include at least: President, Secretary, Treasurer, CASOC rep (one person can have more than one of these roles, as long as there are four execs e.g. add a Vice President). You also need to have aims that are different from existing societies.

E.g. if you decide 'we want to be the society representing all those interested in debating', then tough luck, but the Debating Society already does that. If you're not happy with them, take steps to deal with that within the society or complain to the Guild if you have a real case.

There's a few other rules - stop by the CASOC office at the Guild (go into the Guild and ask for directions) to find out more, and to get affiliation forms, i.e. so you're official.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)