UNSW Commonwealth Bank of Australia Women in Engineering Scholarship (1 Viewer)

Frhlam101

HSC
Hi,

I have been shortlisted for this scholarship for the 2016 rounds as seen from the UNSW scholarship website. I was wondering if anyone has also gotten something similar and does that mean I am one of the final applicants whom may receive an interview.

Also on their page, the interview date is listed as 25th of November 2015, but I cannot attend this interview, has anyone else who has already received a scholarship from UNSW been able to change interview dates before?

Thanks for your help :D

p0llex

HSC
Not the same but the website is also showing me as shortlisted for the Malcolm Chaikin scholarship - I haven't heard anything from them about an interview though and interviews are supposed to be in 2 weeks.

Flop21

HSC
Not the same but the website is also showing me as shortlisted for the Malcolm Chaikin scholarship - I haven't heard anything from them about an interview though and interviews are supposed to be in 2 weeks.
What do your other ones say?

Do all the scholarships come out around the same time (I mean the "shortlisted" status)?

p0llex

HSC
What do your other ones say?

Do all the scholarships come out around the same time (I mean the "shortlisted" status)?
Others all still say pending

The shortlisted thing is probably only for the scholarships which have interviews

MehriA

HSC
Mine says 'shortlisted - for co'. Did yours just say shortlisted? I didn't get an email about it or anything. So not sure what it means.

MehriA

HSC
I think you just have to keep waiting till they contact you themselves to know for sure. (which sucks) Good luck btw!

p0llex

HSC
Mine says 'shortlisted - for co'. Did yours just say shortlisted? I didn't get an email about it or anything. So not sure what it means.
Yep mine is "Shortlisted - For Co" too

D94

HSC
N/A
It's Tuesday, you can call the scholarships office.

MehriA

HSC
There's like 10 days till interviews...has anyone gotten a reply?

p0llex

HSC
I just emailed them:

"You will be notified by the end of the week on the outcome of your application."

tyzzefloro

HSC
This is how it goes I think. One UNSW scholarship office worker reads your application then if its good, this person takes it to a big meeting with the head of scholarships and others (maybe donors). There in that meeting they put you up against other applicants that have made it through to this stage. After vigorous discussion with the scholarship office head + other workers surrounding donor requirements and other selection criteria that is when they make the final offers (or conditional offers for ATAR reqs - u find out the day after your ATAR is released) for most scholarships. So you must be past the first initial reading, good signs peeps ^_^. Pretty sure this is what happens based on what I think i extracted from the scholarship holders welcome this year. Congratulations on getting that far, attaining a scholarship is NOT easy AT ALL.

Frhlam101

HSC
Has other people's status changed again on the UNSW website again to "pending" ??

MehriA

HSC
Yes hahahaha im thinking i didnt get it :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)