UNSW CoOP - Academic Requirements (1 Viewer)

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
As a HSC student you have nothing to lose by applying so i don't see why you shouldn't anyway

UTS also has BIT and BAcc co-op programs which are worth looking at
There is also the new Bachelor of Economics.

A friend of mine applied for BAcc and he got late 80's, but he told me that he only got accepted because he did alot of EC in highschool...

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
There is also the new Bachelor of Economics.

A friend of mine applied for BAcc and he got late 80's, but he told me that he only got accepted because he did alot of EC in highschool...
Not surprising if he got >88, he must've killed the interviews though. We have a couple late 80's in BIT co-op iirc

And yeah, I've heard of BEcon, 'tis interesting to see UTS expanding their co-op programs. Maybe we'll see something like co-op soc come around in the forseeable future (as the programs are very largely divided that this point)

OT: ^ is even more a reason to consider UTS and not only UNSW for co-op like many do

Last edited:

mrpotatoed

HSC
Sorry to intrude but what is the difference between a co-op program and a regular one? Is it just work experience during uni? Is it something everyone wants to do/achieve, or only 'right' for some people with certain attributes/goals? Also, I'm planning to most likely do actuarial and economics, is there a co-op that relates to that? How do you apply for a co-op? When is the cut off date to apply? Sorry again for what may be obvious Q's.

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
A girl in my grade got 98.85 and got into coop for marketing, she didn't do alot of EC but she did an alright amount iirc. And yeah they only accept 96.3+, like someone else said, you need to maintain above credit average or you get kicked out

D94

HSC
N/A
Sorry to intrude but what is the difference between a co-op program and a regular one? Is it just work experience during uni? Is it something everyone wants to do/achieve, or only 'right' for some people with certain attributes/goals? Also, I'm planning to most likely do actuarial and economics, is there a co-op that relates to that? How do you apply for a co-op? When is the cut off date to apply? Sorry again for what may be obvious Q's.
Oh mate, you're behind the ball on this one.

The Co-op program is a scholarship program, designed to develop the future leaders of their respective industries. This is done through 3 and 6 month work placements completed throughout the course of their degree. This being a scholarship program, scholars will receive $18,200 per year over the course of their degree (i.e. an engineering scholar will receive 5 x $18,200). If you think you can just complete your degree and walk into a Big 4 without anything else than your qualification, then prepare yourself for rejection. This does not mean Co-op scholars can do so, but it puts them in an advantageous position.

You need to do your own research if this is what you want to pursue: http://www.coop.unsw.edu.au/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)