UNSW Eco to Commerce transfer how hard? (1 Viewer)

way2hott4u

HSC
I was wondering how hard would it be to transfer from B of Economics to B of Commerce at UNSW?

HSC
You will need a 75 WAM. Not that hard, but nowhere near easy

Doomah

HSC
that is just a guide.... a wam of 75 is DN average, and you dont even need a DN average to get into med.

jooyang91

HSC
that is just a guide.... a wam of 75 is DN average, and you dont even need a DN average to get into med.
So with an ATAR/UAI of around 90 with a WAM of 65 wud guarantee a place in commerce in year 2??

Doomah

HSC
So with an ATAR/UAI of around 90 with a WAM of 65 wud guarantee a place in commerce in year 2??

75 is gaurantee

over 70 you should be ok

if you really wanna do commerce and cant get into unsw, then go uts, same sht dff smell

jooyang91

HSC
ah icic~~
but.. regarding the economics degree at unsw...
I heard the first year subjects are very similar to those of the commerce degree..
would i be able to move straight into the 2nd year of commerce after the first year in economics??
and would it be possible to start majoring in finance in year 2 of commerce after the first year majoring in financial economics of the economics degree??

Zozo6969

HSC
ah icic~~
but.. regarding the economics degree at unsw...
I heard the first year subjects are very similar to those of the commerce degree..
would i be able to move straight into the 2nd year of commerce after the first year in economics??
and would it be possible to start majoring in finance in year 2 of commerce after the first year majoring in financial economics of the economics degree??
Pre-2010 the 6 core subjects are the same which should be done all in 1st year along with a couple of subjects from ur major.

2010 onwards the plan has changed a bit but you can still essentially do the same subjects regardless of which degree ur in. both finance and financial economics are majors in both commerce and economics.

if ur enrolled in economics, do ECON1101, ECON1202, ACCT1501, FINS1612 in first semester and do ECON1102, ECON1203, FINS1613 and any other subject that will probably count towards a free option, but u could probably do ACCT1511 so youve essentially done wat u would have done when doing commerce anyways. unsw has no specific plan structure so ur pretty free to choose watever subjects u want to do and in whatever order u want to, so long as youve done the prerequisites for certain subjects. many people do first year subjects in third year and second year subjects in first year.

jooyang91

HSC
Pre-2010 the 6 core subjects are the same which should be done all in 1st year along with a couple of subjects from ur major.

2010 onwards the plan has changed a bit but you can still essentially do the same subjects regardless of which degree ur in. both finance and financial economics are majors in both commerce and economics.

if ur enrolled in economics, do ECON1101, ECON1202, ACCT1501, FINS1612 in first semester and do ECON1102, ECON1203, FINS1613 and any other subject that will probably count towards a free option, but u could probably do ACCT1511 so youve essentially done wat u would have done when doing commerce anyways. unsw has no specific plan structure so ur pretty free to choose watever subjects u want to do and in whatever order u want to, so long as youve done the prerequisites for certain subjects. many people do first year subjects in third year and second year subjects in first year.
ah~~~ thank you so much~~!! XD
u have just given me a new lease of life~~!! LOL
but just to confirm one thing..
what kind of ATAR/UAI wud i need to transfer into commerce if i was to have obtainned a WAM of around 75??

HSC
ah~~~ thank you so much~~!! XD
u have just given me a new lease of life~~!! LOL
but just to confirm one thing..
what kind of ATAR/UAI wud i need to transfer into commerce if i was to have obtainned a WAM of around 75??
if you're at UNSW, the internal transfer application won't look at your atar, just your WAM

sickk

HSC
wow, so your atar gets overlooked when trying to internal transfer into B comm?

jooyang91

HSC
if you're at UNSW, the internal transfer application won't look at your atar, just your WAM
WOW thanks~!
I always thought our transfers were determined by a combination of atar and wam..
But its good to know i was wrong..
otherwise my atar wud hab haunted me the rest of my life~!!!
well.. thanks for ur input~~!!

sickk

HSC
from what i understand, thats only if you transfer from a course in UNSW to another course in UNSW, through UNSW itself, not UAC? yes..?

way2hott4u

HSC
But would I have to study longer to make up any units? And is it possible to transfer into a b Comm/Science from b Eco? If so would that also require additional semesters to complete?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)