UNSW Economics Competition Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
nah i paid the $5.50, i didnt keep the sheet with the dates its on and i had eco today and not a single mention about the competition tomoro
If you don't do it tomorrow you can't do it at all. All teachers must submit their papers on the test day otherwise they won't be marked and graded

HSC
100% sure it is tomorrow.

Even checked the website.

The cash prizes i think range from $1000 to $100. It is actually a lot of money for a competition.

The questions are anything really to do with economics. Usually they cover the whole syllabus and first year uni stuff so there is no way to prepare. It is also based upon current events- not too much though
is that just for year 12 then?
apparently there are two divisions, a junior one for year 11 and under and the senior just for year 12s.
I wish I could do the junior one though.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
I know a year 10 friend doing it this year although I wish I had enrolled to do it. He did it in year 9 and I think he did pretty well.

HSC
Just finished the 2009 past paper, I didn't go too well since I didn't know half of the topics in the questions lol.
However, I found the questions about indifference curves and the game theory absolutely fascinating, are they part of the university course?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just finished the 2009 past paper, I didn't go too well since I didn't know half of the topics in the questions lol.
However, I found the questions about indifference curves and the game theory absolutely fascinating, are they part of the university course?
Yeh you learn game theory in like first year economics at uni.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
The game thoery one was the only thing i couoldn't get. It seems really interesting though.

However a pass is fairly good in the exam, remember it is based on your precentile

HSC
The game thoery one was the only thing i couoldn't get. It seems really interesting though.

However a pass is fairly good in the exam, remember it is based on your precentile
so if you know all of the year 12 HSC economics course, you would be able to answer all of the questions in the comp (besides the game theory one) right?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
so if you know all of the year 12 HSC economics course, you would be able to answer all of the questions in the comp (besides the game theory one) right?

No, a lot if based upon other stuff. Of course a deep understanding of the HSC course will helpp, however it is a test which aims to test outside the syllabus and extend yourself upon stuff you don't know

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just remember it's not designed to test stuff you've learnt specifically in the classroom. Typically those who do well have a genuine interest and/or a much deeper understanding of the content beyond what is required of the HSC.

Coookies

HSC
What did you pick for the 2nd highest unemployment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)