UNSW Express? (1 Viewer)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I noticed in the UNSW Info Day booklet that there's a UNSW Express Bus. Does this run normally during semester as well or does it only run for the Open Days and Info Days?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yes it runs during session, the 895/891 bus. On Open/Info Days the trip is usually free, otherwise its $1.3 if you pay for the trip.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
891 UNSW Express also runs during Uni Holidays. The only time they don't run is on weekends and public holidays

Acid

HSC
Where does the bus go to?

I'm looking for a bus to take me straight from Pyrmont/Darling Harbour to UNSW, but i'll probably have to walk it up to George Street in the CBD wont I?

sunny

meh.
HSC
The 891/895 only does Eddy Ave outside Central Station <-> Anzac Parade outside uni.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Try 890 and 892. 892 go from Circular Quay (Alfred St Stand E) to Central then to UNSW. 890 goes straight from Circular Quay to UNSW. It's not close to Darling Harbour but anyway.. :D

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
So does the 891/895 start at Eddy Ave?
Btw. I notice it ends at High St. Does it also stop at Anzac Pde? Coz that'd be a pain being dropped off at Upper Campus and having to walk all the way down towards Anzac Pde for lectures...

gman03

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
So does the 891/895 start at Eddy Ave?
Btw. I notice it ends at High St. Does it also stop at Anzac Pde? Coz that'd be a pain being dropped off at Upper Campus and having to walk all the way down towards Anzac Pde for lectures...
== To Uni ==

891 for newbie:

Starts from Eddy Ave.

High street has three stops:

1. Lower campus
2. Upper campus (near library)
3. Upper campus (biomed area)

Just press 'red' before the bus turn left at the intersection.

== From Uni ==
891:

Starts from Upper campus near biomed area. Runs between 3-7 pm Session day.

Stops at eddy ave.

895:

Starts from lower campus, anz pde opposite Uni.

Timetable said one bus per 10 mins. But usually no bus in 30 mins or 30 bus in one mins. More if blondes in the "line". For some people there is no line but an express method called pusing in.

Stops at eddy ave.

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Hehe :p
Thanks for the rundown gman.

Btw. I found the timetable for the 891/895. Does the 891 from Central actually run as often as it says on the timetable? Every 1-2 mins sounds too good for Sydney's transport system :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:

Btw. I found the timetable for the 891/895. Does the 891 from Central actually run as often as it says on the timetable? Every 1-2 mins sounds too good for Sydney's transport system :rolleyes:
It's true (fortunately)!

gman03

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Does the 891 from Central actually run as often as it says on the timetable? Every 1-2 mins sounds too good for Sydney's transport system :rolleyes:
They do believe it or not! ..

Its just the bus departs as soon as the driver notice "oh shit more student coming" and that the next bus doesn't stops and so is the next bus and the other air-con bus and the other new bus until the crappy fragile double-size bus come and pick up all the uni student.

On the day that you are not in a hurry you will see those 1-2 mins bus.

Yeah, expect to wait for 15 minutes.. and the push in people.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Hehe - you really have to admire the transport here in Sydney :p

Hmm...just a totally different question which I couldn't be bothered to ask in another thread: are we allowed to sign-up for our UniPass before Main Round offers come out in January?

ace

is retired
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:

Its because the university is there biggest sole customer. Moving thousands and thousands and thousands of people on a normal uni day during semester. So the buses have to be plentiful in number.

If you've ever arrived at central station at 8.30am meaning to get to uni for the 9am lecture, you see the massive swarm of people. Don't be scared though, thats just the bus line :)

elfm

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Hehe - you really have to admire the transport here in Sydney :p

Hmm...just a totally different question which I couldn't be bothered to ask in another thread: are we allowed to sign-up for our UniPass before Main Round offers come out in January?
i highly doubt it you eager beaver :p

yeah buses are plentiful during the mornings but they die down during the arvo. there's not really a line for the buses in the morning. they all just stand around in a scattered circle, so it's easy to push in if you wanted :p

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Would our TravelPass be the TravelPass Concession one? I.e. $16 for the Red Zone, as opposed to $32? - I live around Chatswood, so I'm guessing I'll be in the Red Zone? :confused:

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yep you'd buy the concession one. Just remember when you get your student card that you fill in the form they give your correctly, otherwise you won't get the concession stamp on your student card.

You high school concession card should be valid right up to when uni starts, but I suggest you get your UNSW student card at uni a week or two before uni starts, since everyone at uni (not just first year) gets into one long queue to get a new student card every year.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
sunny said:
Yep you'd buy the concession one. Just remember when you get your student card that you fill in the form they give your correctly, otherwise you won't get the concession stamp on your student card.

You high school concession card should be valid right up to when uni starts, but I suggest you get your UNSW student card at uni a week or two before uni starts, since everyone at uni (not just first year) gets into one long queue to get a new student card every year.
Are you allowed to get your student card during O-Week? How do they handle the thousands of students queueing for their cards?....it must take days to get it all done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)