UNSW Give u a call/ or am I a prank victim? (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
UNSW gave me a call today inviting me to some dinner (tuesday) or lunch (thursday).

Anyone else get a call? ayone going?

Ill be going uni Thursday anyway, but I asked my friend whether he got a call, he said he didint... i was told it was for all 1st yr students!

He was all nice about it too, congratulating me on getting into UNSW (ok so it prolly wasnt a prank) but anyone else get the call?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
I doubt UNSW would invite ALL first year students- theres way too many. But perhaps you did very ver well in the HSC, and they'd like to give you a special welcome to UNSW. If you're unsure, call them back and ask about it - that should tell you.

capsicum

HSC
physician said:
UNSW gave me a call today inviting me to some dinner (tuesday) or lunch (thursday).

Anyone else get a call? ayone going?

Ill be going uni Thursday anyway, but I asked my friend whether he got a call, he said he didint... i was told it was for all 1st yr students!

He was all nice about it too, congratulating me on getting into UNSW (ok so it prolly wasnt a prank) but anyone else get the call?

I got the call too!! I was confused at first, and I still am actually.
Like you, I asked my friends if they got the call, but none of them did.

So, are you going? I was invited to the Tuesday night dinner, which I will be attending (I think). Who else is going??????

Lain

HSC
Hahaha, me too! I was/am confused and *suspicious*

It doesn't seem to be faculty/degree oriented as the caller didn't mention anything about what I'm studying..

Anyhow, I'm going to the Thursday lunch most likely.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
I got a call about the dinner as well .. hrmm

physician

HSC
politik said:
It may have been for all BioMed Eng students?
Nop!

I aksed him whether it was for a specific faculty or whatever, he said it was for all 1st yr students!

But as t-i-m-m-y said, i doubt theyd invite all 1st yrs! and lol, nah i performed quite average in the HSC.

capsicum said:
I got the call too!! I was confused at first, and I still am actually.
Like you, I asked my friends if they got the call, but none of them did.

So, are you going? I was invited to the Tuesday night dinner, which I will be attending (I think). Who else is going??????
They gave me the choice of going to either the Tuesday dinner or thursday lunch, and since im going UNSW on thursday, i just said "If am going to go ill go thursday"

It's at 12 on thursday and the Faculty of Engineering school welcomes are on at that time (from 11:15 - 1:00) so I prolly wont end up going

G

Gavvvvvin

Hahaha god I got a call from some asian dude and I couldnt understand a damn word he was saying :confused:

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
It sounds like a program specific event, not even faculty-wide (its way too expensive to do that). So perhaps it is for all students enrolled into Biomedical Engineering (as someone mentioned), since there wouldn't be an excessive amount of students in that program. It should be a good chance to meet some of your classmates.

capsicum

HSC
Same goes for me, I performed quite average in the HSC so I was quite confused when I got this call from an asian lady, congratulating me on my achievements. Hmm, sounds a bit mysterious eh? lol

Come to the Tuesday night dinner!! haha I don't want to be the only one there.. =]

t-i-m-m-y said:
So perhaps it is for all students enrolled into Biomedical Engineering (as someone mentioned), since there wouldn't be an excessive amount of students in that program. It should be a good chance to meet some of your classmates.
I enrolled into Health and Exercise Science, so I doubt it's got to do with the program. Another thing is that, the lady who called me actually went to trouble to contact me (she called my home first and then my mob since I wasn't home) and even confirmed my email to email me the details. :confused:

capsicum

HSC
I was also told to "drop in to say hello" during "open house" at the Sam Cracknell Pavilion on Monday (day 1 of O-week). What's this all about??

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I also got this call. I'm doing B commerce/economics and didn't do THAT well in the hsc. I think i'll be going to the dinner on tuesday.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
capsicum said:
Another thing is that, the lady who called me actually went to trouble to contact me (she called my home first and then my mob since I wasn't home) and even confirmed my email to email me the details. :confused:
Interesting. How did the university get your mobile number? Did you tell them somewhere? The more this plays out, the more I am intrigued; instinct tells me somethings not right. If you get the email post it here and we can figure it out.

Edit: what are the details of the lunch, or dinner? eg. location, time etc.

Last edited:

Vylen

HSC
t-i-m-m-y said:
Interesting. How did the university get your mobile number? Did you tell them somewhere? The more this plays out, the more I am intrigued; instinct tells me somethings not right. If you get the email post it here and we can figure it out.

Maybe they're trying to pick people out for a special "lunch" or "dinner" where they lock you in a dark room and stab you in the back...

you know... culling students from different faculties/schools

G

Gavvvvvin

Did you guys fill out one of those survey things from the opne day or whatever?

xypoo

HSC
Did you find out if the dinner is free? =D wouldnt that be nice

capsicum

HSC
t-i-m-m-y said:

my stepmum gave the caller my mobile number.

the details of the Tuesday night dinner:
+ date: 21st Feb
+ location: Sam Cracknell Pavilion
+ time: 6-8:30pm

details of open house:
+ date: 20th Feb
+ location: Sam Cracknell Pavilion
+ time: 11-3pm

_DeathlessOne_ said:
Did you guys fill out one of those survey things from the opne day or whatever?
i filled one out on the advisory day. i got pulled aside by some girl...

hmmm, this seems awfully queer?? because the dinner isn't listed out on the O-week timetable of events.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Okay. Looks likes its not an 'official' UNSW event. Chances are it is being organised by a UNSW club or society, the UNSW Union (also known as Source), Sports Association or something to that avail, but not the university itself. You see, the university wouldn't pull you aside on advisory day and ask you to fill out some survey - it might be one of the ones I mentioned above.

The Sam Cracknell pavilion houses the sports Association HQ/offices, and is often used by student societies for events.

The thing I see in common with you guys/girls, is you seemed to have filled out some kind of survey? What survey was this - details about it? I'm guessing you put your contact details on it, and they've been contacting you to invite you to the event.

physician

HSC
Hmm.. I think u may be right!

I did fill in a survey, although i dont remember writing down my phone number... hmmmmm

and my friend filled one in as well, but he didint get a call!

It was an hilarious survey actually.. well i was kind of surprised by one of the questions..

Here i am, filling in details about the clubs i might be willing to join, and then i run into this question:

"Have u thought about the meaning of life

Yes []

No[] "

Like.. What the...

It was just an out of place question compared to all the other questions being asked --- although I must admit, I cant exactly recall what other questions were in the survey ...

I did put "sports" down as one of the clubs/associations (whatever) that i might be interested in joining!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)