UNSW Guaranteed entry (1 Viewer)

HSC
Anyone get one of these? I received one today for combined Engineering and Commerce at UNSW with ATAR of 92.50.

A friend of mine got one for engineering with atar of 87 and not enough for the 91 guaranteed cut off even with bonus points? How does this work :s

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone get one of these? I received one today for combined Engineering and Commerce at UNSW with ATAR of 92.50.

A friend of mine got one for engineering with atar of 87 and not enough for the 91 guaranteed cut off even with bonus points? How does this work :s
Are you sure? Did you include HSC Plus, EAS, Elithe Athletes etc? You can get up to 10 bonus points.

Can international students get it?
My understanding is that only Australian Citizens and PR are eligible. Not too sure about International.

Simran-

HSC
Can we get upto 10 eas bonus points for unsw law?

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
Can we get upto 10 eas bonus points for unsw law?
Yes, but you would have to be REALLY disadvantaged in multiple ways to qualify for the full 10 points, as it's handled on a case by case basis as determined by the submitted EAS form and documents.

So I wouldn't bank on getting 10 points.

Simran-

HSC
Yes, but you would have to be REALLY disadvantaged in multiple ways to qualify for the full 10 points, as it's handled on a case by case basis as determined by the submitted EAS form and documents.

So I wouldn't bank on getting 10 points.
Well wbt if you were to claim eas for disadvantaged school and had an atar of 94.5?
What's the chance of getting an offer in main round?

Flop21

HSC
Wait are EAS points out yet?? Does that mean I can go ring and see how many I got?

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
Well wbt if you were to claim eas for disadvantaged school and had an atar of 94.5?
What's the chance of getting an offer in main round?
Disadvantaged school is automatically added, and I highly doubt it would be enough for law, sorry :(. It's probably one or two points for that, unlikely that it's >5 to put a 94.5 above the law threshold.

Edit: Found an earlier discussion on this. Looks like you get might get around 3

http://community.boredofstudies.org...w-eas-disadvantaged-schools-bonus-points.html

Wait are EAS points out yet?? Does that mean I can go ring and see how many I got?
If I recall correctly you're not allowed to find out how many points you were given by UNSW.

Last edited:

Simran-

HSC
Disadvantaged school is automatically added, and I highly doubt it would be enough for law, sorry :(. It's probably one or two points for that, unlikely that it's >5 to put a 94.5 above the law threshold.

Edit: Found an earlier discussion on this. Looks like you get might get around 3

http://community.boredofstudies.org...w-eas-disadvantaged-schools-bonus-points.html

If I recall correctly you're not allowed to find out how many points you were given by UNSW.
So other than eas is there any other way of getting into unsw law with that atar..?

Last edited:
HSC
Are you sure? Did you include HSC Plus, EAS, Elithe Athletes etc? You can get up to 10 bonus points.

My understanding is that only Australian Citizens and PR are eligible. Not too sure about International.
Yes I am sure I've added everything.. he had EAS for FTB part A. Very minor disadvantage so only 1-2 points and 1 pt for E3 MX1. Total maximum 3pts still doesn't put it at 91

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
So other than eas is there any other way of getting into unsw law with that atar..?
Not that I can think of, other than a transfer from another degree (though that can be difficult).

There's also this https://scholarships.online.unsw.ed...holarship_details?p_scholarship_specific_id=1
if you're eligible

There's the Elite Athletes and Performers program but that's closed now and you have to be an elite athlete or performer for that

I know it's tough to hear but you've probably got to start looking at your backup plan

Simran-

HSC
Not that I can think of, other than a transfer from another degree (though that can be difficult).

There's also this https://scholarships.online.unsw.ed...holarship_details?p_scholarship_specific_id=1
if you're eligible

There's the Elite Athletes and Performers program but that's closed now and you have to be an elite athlete or performer for that

I know it's tough to hear but you've probably got to start looking at your backup plan
Im currently at cross roads about whether doing uts Law and then try to transfer to unsw law or if I should join b.media(pr/advertising)/ intl studies and then try for an internal transfer as I have heard an internal transfer is easier. Im so confused between whether to do pr or law.. :'(
Also, i wanted to combine law with intl studie but if I was to join unsw then do you recommend just doing intl studies and then trying to transfer or to do the combined media degree?
Im not that keen on uts due to the course structure for intl studies.

Oer

Started from the fundus
HSC
Im currently at cross roads about whether doing uts Law and then try to transfer to unsw law or if I should join b.media(pr/advertising)/ intl studies and then try for an internal transfer as I have heard an internal transfer is easier. Im so confused between whether to do pr or law.. :'(
Also, i wanted to combine law with intl studie but if I was to join unsw then do you recommend just doing intl studies and then trying to transfer or to do the combined media degree?
Im not that keen on uts due to the course structure for intl studies.
It's up to you. If you're absolutely set on Law then the UTS degree will ensure you'll be doing law one way or the other.

In UNSW internal transfer will mean some units will carry over, so there's that
But there's no guarantee you'd qualify for a transfer either

In terms of what is easier to do with internal vs. external transfer someone else will have to help, since I don't really know about it. Maybe create another thread and ask if you need help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)