UNSW interview news... (1 Viewer)

M_I_K_E

HSC
N/A
Yes, the rejection e-mail will be sent.

I think all the offers have been sent now, since the interview time selection have opened.

sovietski

HSC
does anyone know how many interviews are taking place for regular entry?
I know that they want to interview 120 our of the 250 rural applicants over the two interview sessions.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
sovietski said:
cut, cut cut... wow, im cut
realli? i thought u didnt care..

well i got all my UNSW interview first round.. so did inasero..

I could understand how u feel.. but if u get a good UAI.. ull easily get melb.. if ure willing..

congrats to the others..

sovietski

HSC
Of course im cut. Im against lying, not against trying. I havent had the opportunity to lie, so its all been honest attempts so far. I really want med, trust me, but i am not willing to betray myself and makes fools of the university to get into it.

May i ask (dont have to answer if you dont want), what other rural applicants predicted UAI's were?

sovietski

HSC
lol nah i havent got a letter yet, it was just the comment about all places being offered already that kinda made me say that. i spose i should wait until friday before jumping to conclusions :p

M_I_K_E

HSC
N/A
approx. 600 interviews for standard.

If your predicted UAI is around 96/97 but you don't get your UNSW offer, this means that your UMAT can be anywhere from good to really bad (I'll have to flog the UMAT to get an offer with a prediction of 96/97). But this is for standard applicants only...the average UAI of rural students (who got in) in 2004 was 95.77 (the average UMAT for rural students was 167.04 - total scaled score).

Last edited:

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
M_I_K_E said:

If your predicted UAI is around 96/97 but you don't get your UNSW offer, this means that your UMAT can be anywhere from good to really bad (I'll have to flog the UMAT to get an offer with a prediction of 96/97). But this is for standard applicants only...the average UAI of rural students (who got in) in 2004 was 95.77 (the average UMAT for rural students was 167.04 - total scaled score).
In the email they sent out a couple of weeks ago, it said 450-500 out of about 3000 applicants will be interviewed... ?

David_O

HSC
N/A
M_I_K_E said:

Where do you get this info?
I'm interested in average UMAT scores for the standard cohort.

sovietski

HSC
i got this, its not important.
i made a fool of myself by replying and asking what the hell justine was on about :p i figured it out as soon as i hit send. bleh. it was only for people who are already at uni/have graduated.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
heart palpitation

mervvyn said:
i feel for you guys... waiting sucks like nothing else.

I hesitate to say this, because I know it'll set some people even more into a frenzy than already, but anyway... my interview offer last year (1st round) turned up in my junk email folder (was using hotmail at the time). Don't worry though, they send everything by snail mail as well.
All the best :)

I know this is from ages back- but OMG---reading this just now i decided to check my junkmail inbox......and there was a reminder from unsw to update my "academic record" or something...im totally confused? Has anyone else who si applying through rural entry, received this email...and if so how did you respond?

Last edited:

warrywort

HSC
just wondering, cos one guy at skool today got an interview offer, how do they make offers... like is it according to skool, or is it according to rank etc etc,

and how many of the offers do they send each day?

good luk to those who hvnt got one yet and congrats to the rest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)