unsw interview offers? (1 Viewer)

Neocso

HSC
Hey there. Did anyone with a predicted UAI lower than 99 get an interview?

jozza80

Enthusiasm
HSC
Yessss!

I got 95 predicted..

RSES though!

Must done alright in UMAT? :)

m000

HSC
N/A
tambourine said:
370 interviews in the main round...about 100 and something in January...i didn't get an interview:(...but i havent applied for medicine at UWS yet...although its on my UAC preferences...but im not going to give up...coz i still have a chance for the January interviews :)
also i am dying to know my UMAT...i think i didnt get an offer for the interview coz my principal circled less than 90 UAI...harsh lol
oh one more thing...what is the highest possible UMAT score that one can get?
How do you know the figures so well?

Prosper

HSC
lionking1191 said:
they tell you in the letter (the not so nice one)
Correct. I didn't get an offer either. My principal circled 97 so I musta screwed up UMAT :(

lionking1191

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
What's supremely fucked-up is, I have a friend who got an estimate of 99.95 (half-yearly Dux) and got a UMAT percentile of 96.
Injustice?

I wouldn't know it, or care either. :)
Blitz the interview, then?! :p

What's the numbers, figures, and fractions, anyway?
1/10 get an interview offer.
1/5 (of 500 interviews) get a place? (Isn't it 1/3?)
you mean your friend didn't get an interview?
maybe his/her application didn't go through properly?

bubbly89

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
:|

Oh, lame.

Bork.
Haaahfive, congrats.
No seriously the UNSW emailing system is crap, I personally got five rejection emails before they got to me. UNSW is well known for rejecting people by mistake or not putting through the application properly because of a misfiling or whatnot.

I rang up and chased up my results and I soon got a few personal phone calls apologising and asking when I'd like an interview heh

If something is weird, ring up and ask. I know it feels like when you get that rejection email to crawl up and lick your wounds, but honestly take a look at the actual results, the cut off and get the guts to ring up. The worst that can happen is you end up in the same position as before.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Yeah, it's also happened to a few people I know. If your predicted uai and umat result are close or above the averages on the table I would ring the medfac right away.

But, yeah they will be checking again once late round-offers come up god forbid they screw up someone's interview offier twice.

AznAssassin

~*BANKAI*~ Member
HSC
Hey i got one too....will they discard it if your UAI is too low? (my's probably gonna be 96 +UMAT score of 76 percentile)

jono1887

HSC
AznAssassin said:
Hey i got one too....will they discard it if your UAI is too low? (my's probably gonna be 96 +UMAT score of 76 percentile)
you got an interview with estimate 96 and only 76 percentile??? wow, i thought it was alot harder to get in than that!!!

lionking1191

HSC
jono1887 said:
you got an interview with estimate 96 and only 76 percentile??? wow, i thought it was alot harder to get in than that!!!
MRBS?

AznAssassin

~*BANKAI*~ Member
HSC
addycastro said:
Maybe he's rural or something?
Nah, man. I am from Brisbane.

THAT'S RIGHT!!! TAKE IT!! TAKE IT!! lol :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)