UNSW LAT results discussion! (1 Viewer)

Strikes

HSC
N/A
step 1: go to a shit tier uni like WSU, UTS, UOW, USYD and pick an easy subject - doesnt matter what it is
step 2: study and get 75 wam+ to transfer into UNSW law
step 3: ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
step 4: profit
That cut off is generally used for internal law transfers at UNSW, and is not indicative of the mark required for an external transfer into law at UNSW. External transfers also take into account ATAR and LAT scores.

But doesn't that mean you waste a couple months/year?

I don't know how a transfer works :S
There are two kinds of transfers, internal and external. Internal changes course within the same uni, whilst external is from one uni to another.
If you want to do a double law degree, and are set on going to UNSW, you could do the non-law degree for a year, and if your marks are in the distinction range apply for an internal transfer and continue with a double degree the following year with no loss of credit points. At UNSW, an internal transfer only takes in account your WAM, whilst USYD takes into account both your ATAR and WAM.

If you are more set on doing law, you could go to another uni and be safe in your law degree there and apply for an external transfer after 1 year of study. Generally speaking, external transfers into UNSW are harder (given that there is no guaranteed 100 spots like internal transfers) and you will also be now competing against all students in both year 12 and 1st year also doing LAT for entry. The only risk of increased study time for an external transfer, is if you cannot get credit for the units you've already done at your other university.

Simorgh

HSC
RIP to those people who took so called tutoring for this and still got a sub par score.

Jakulore

HSC
It will also depend on your ATAR as well right?
Yeah it will also depend on my ATAR but I assumed there would be a minimum-ish mark/percentile that would need to be achieved regardless of ATAR.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
How come everyone does it in year 11

Edit: nvm it's applicable for two years

Lauradf36

HSC
83/100 and 91st percentile... no idea if that's gonna be good enough :/

39Daleks

HSC
Does anybody know if anybody achieved a perfect score? I did quite well, but missed 100/100, and was wondering if that had been achieved, because it seems more likely that someone would get perfect on this than on the UMAT...

Jakulore

HSC
How is that not good. You scored in the top 9% of people who went. Pree good mang.
I don't think it isn't that it's not 'good', it is that we don't know what score we need... So who knows whether they are good enough for admission?

Muxcomee

HSC
Well, I got 89/100 as the score and 97th percentile... So should that be good enough??
Don't know if serious or just rubbing it in... but of course being in the 97th percentile is a very very good result.
I'm in the 85th percentile so its definitely a bit more iffy for me but everyone should remember that uni students (anyone wanting to external transfers) also had to sit the same test so their marks are also in calculation. It isn't just first year admission like us :3

falances

HSC
Don't know if serious or just rubbing it in... but of course being in the 97th percentile is a very very good result.
I'm in the 85th percentile so its definitely a bit more iffy for me but everyone should remember that uni students (anyone wanting to external transfers) also had to sit the same test so their marks are also in calculation. It isn't just first year admission like us :3
yeah good point!!! people in the grade below also sat it as well so we should all just keep that in mind as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)