• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNSW LAWS1001 (Crim1) Exam - A How-To-Pass Guide (2 Viewers)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
tim, how much should i write?

there're 2.5 hours for two questions. normally in that time i would write about 14-16(?) HSC english booklet pages roughly. i'm just worried as to the quantum of material they expect.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:
Well I certainly fucked that exam up
i wholeheartedly concur.

without excusing my lacklustre performance today, i was psyched out by the fact that i couldn't write a lot of substance for the questions i answered (i chose question 2 of Part A). furthermore i sat next to two highschool friends of mine who decided that this is the criminal law equivalent of the advanced english exam and wrote about 10 pages per question, and was still writing to the last moment, whereas i had stopped about 20 mins before the end of the exam.

i can see it now, my academic statement: LAWS1001 - P :(

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
i wholeheartedly concur.

without excusing my lacklustre performance today, i was psyched out by the fact that i couldn't write a lot of substance for the questions i answered (i chose question 2 of Part A). furthermore i sat next to two highschool friends of mine who decided that this is the criminal law equivalent of the advanced english exam and wrote about 10 pages per question, and was still writing to the last moment, whereas i had stopped about 20 mins before the end of the exam.

Whatever you did, I did worse trust me

I did like.. 3.5 pages for Part A, wrote ages on section 1 of Part B, then sections 2 & 3 were in point form. Low credit for me.

Hopefully I can make up for my terrible crim mark in property on monday.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
i wholeheartedly concur.

P's make degree's. Better than an F.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
hfis said:
P's make degree's. Better than an F.
P's make degrees, but not necessarily employment.

yes, i know i can, with a pass degree, jump straight to the bar, and starve to death in my horsehair and polyester, but it doesn't sound like a viable proposition.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Frigid said:
i wholeheartedly concur.

your plain paranoid :p

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
hey frigid!

are the tests at UNSW like the same as UTS as in exam conditions?

coz i feel like at UTS its soo easy to cheat for some reason! not that i ever needed it.... well......:) but ........ yeah are they?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
mr EaZy said:
are the tests at UNSW like the same as UTS as in exam conditions?

coz i feel like at UTS its soo easy to cheat for some reason! not that i ever needed it.... well......:) but ........ yeah are they?
yeah they're roughly the same - you have to bring in your student card, sign the attendance slip, and place your mobile/wallet/anything improper on the floor.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
I still get the feeling I'm going for my HSC when I do big uni exams. :(
yes, there's still a need to try your best every goddamn time. :(

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
yeah, but i started afresh in the sense that i had to critique McBarnet. the only other similarities are that we had to go court, and that legal representation was discussed (although this time i used Dietrich a lot more).

my UTS assignment (28/35) for your perusal:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)