UNSW Maths Comp Prize Cermony (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
That was on last friday? We didn't get our results until this Monday... and my teacher told me I got 1st in state (I got 36/40)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
robbo_145 said:
1st in state with 36? thats unexpectedly low. i got 35/40 which was still a HD (only just i would suspect)
That's what I thought...my results sheet says 100th percentile though..(i know that doesn't necessarily mean first) but teacher said my principal was contacted the other day saying I came first.

casebash

HSC
I think they run two different comps, an assessment and an actual competition. The one I'm referring to does not provide you with the scores, and is a competition for prizes. Whatever you sat i don't think we do it at Ruse, don't ask me why. Would have liked to have done it though, just to see what the questions were like. If 36/40 was the top score, then the comp must have been of reasonable difficulty (unlike those we sat back in primary school).

maniacguy

casebash said:
I think they run two different comps, an assessment and an actual competition. The one I'm referring to does not provide you with the scores, and is a competition for prizes. Whatever you sat i don't think we do it at Ruse, don't ask me why. Would have liked to have done it though, just to see what the questions were like. If 36/40 was the top score, then the comp must have been of reasonable difficulty (unlike those we sat back in primary school).
Yes, definitely a different competition.
For a start, the UNSW one was marked out of 42 (or at least, the Junior was, this year!)

And yes, I was there... for lunch, anyway...

ngai

HSC
who got the main prizes in the unsw comp?

casebash

HSC
Junior - Vinoth top
???

Senior - Graham Top, Yu Heng 2nd, 3 way tie for third - charles, vinh and can't remember who.

I really was never good at that comp, only got 2 prizes and never a major.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)