UNSW Mathsoc MX2 Summer Series 2014 - FREE TO ATTEND :) (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW MathSoc presents...
MX2 Summer Seminar Series 2014

So you're taking Maths Extension 2.
Want to get a head start on topics?
Wonder what stuff you're going to learn in the next nine or so months?
Want to spend some of your summer holidays productively?

Open to all 2014 HSC Mathematics Extension 2 students, the UNSW Mathematics Society presents the Second Annual Summer Seminar Series!

Details

Date/Time: Monday January 20, 2014 to Friday January 24, 2014. Sessions start at 10am each day and end at 1pm.
Location: UNSW Kensington Campus, Red Centre Building room 4082
Over the course of the week (from January 20 to 24, from 10am to 1pm) maths majors from UNSW will go through all the topics in the Extension 2 Mathematics course in an interactive classroom-style environment. Each topic will have the major points explained and a few examples will be worked through, before you will have the opportunity to work through a few problems themselves, ask questions yourself and clear up any issues you may have with the work.

Schedule:
Monday January 20 - Complex Numbers
Tuesday January 21 - Mechanics
Wednesday January 22 - Graphs and Polynomials
Thursday January 23 - Volumes and Harder Ext. 1 Topics
Friday January 24 - Conics
And what's the cost? No cost! Everyone is welcome to come along. So what are you waiting for? Sign-up now at http://tinyurl.com/sss2014

Have any questions? Ask them here, or contact us at summer.seminar.series.2014 (at) gmail (dot) com

FAQs

What if I haven't done the necessary MX1 stuff?
No matter! We had this situation come up last year. For instance, some work in Mechanics requires some tools in integration which may not have been learned by all students. So our maths majors touched on the relevant areas of integration to be able to go through the examples without "I don't know what's going on here" faces.

I haven't been to UNSW before! How do I get there?
The advisable way is to take public transport. From Central Station, take the 391, 393 or 395 bus from Stand C Eddy Avenue and alight at the university. This bus ride is around 20 minutes.
To get to the room, walk up the main walkway until you see a red building to your right (this will be the Red Centre), and we will have signage or guides from there.

What should I bring?
Bring your pencil case and some paper at the minimum, you'll get some handouts but just in case that's not enough for you, it's always good to have some spare paper in hand.
There is a water cooler nearby, so you will be able to refill your water bottle there (hint: bring a water bottle, it -is- summer after all). For food, feel free to bring your own but there are several food outlets on campus or near campus which you can purchase food and drink from such as Subway or McDonald's or passionflower (try the chocolate pancakes).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)