UNSW Med Student tutoring for Maths (up to 4U), Chem, Physics, UMAT (1 Viewer)

njd007

HSC
[FONT=&quot]Introduction[/FONT]
My name is Jason. I live in Earlwood (Inner West).
I graduated from Fort Street High School in 2009. (Selective)
ATAR - 99.05 [also, received Premier’s Award for All Round Excellence]
Currently studying Medicine@UNSW

[FONT=&quot]Offering tutoring in [/FONT]
-HSC & preliminary Maths (general, 2u, 3u, 4u)
-HSC & preliminary Chemistry(option Forensic)
-HSC & preliminary Physics (option Quanta to Quarks).
-Yr5, Yr6 (i.e for selective schools test) (Maths, General Ability)
-Yr7, Yr8, Yr9 and Yr10 (Maths and Science)

[FONT=&quot]Locations[/FONT]
[Burwood, Ashfield, Campsie, Marrickville, Earlwood, City, UNSW]

[FONT=&quot]Credentials[/FONT]
-Mathematics Extension 1
HSC MARK: 98

-Mathematics Extension 2
HSC MARK: 95

-Chemistry
HSC MARK: 92
Option topic: Forensics

-Physics
HSC MARK: 92
Option topic: Quanta to Quarks

-UMAT
Overall Score: 67
99th percentile NO LONGER TUTORING FOR UMAT

[FONT=&quot]Why Me?[/FONT]
Teaching Principle: I tutor on the principle that you will benefit from every lesson. I want to walk away feeling that you’ve increased your understanding and ability and that I have truly helped you towards your HSC goals.

The HSC experience:As I tutor you I will give you tips and advice from my personal experience. As a ’09 HSC student, I still remember what it is like. I know exactly what is required to do well. Furthermore, I know how school assessments work, the common exam questions and how to maximise your marks. I will do my best to point out the right things and prevent you from making the mistakes that I did.

Flexibility:I found tutoring one on one or in a small group the most efficient way to learn.

Time spent focused on learning is maximised and distractions//time wasting is minimalised. Also, YOU have the full attention of the teacher. YOU are in control of the lesson. YOU chose what to do. YOU decide whether to go over things or to move on. YOU can pick a time suitable for your schedule (mostly). YOU can decide how long the lesson goes for.

As a private tutor, you can use me in anyway. You don’t have to do weekly lessons with me, you can call me whenever you’re having trouble. If there is an upcoming exam, you can call me for a revision lesson. Or we can have a lesson in the holidays, if you wish to have more time to prepare for your assessments.

You can call me or message me on MSN if you need any immediate help or advice on questions.

Relevance:I as a private tutor offer to teach you what is relevant to your upcoming assessment task and help you maximise your internal school rank. (VERY important, contributes to 50% of your HSC mark and is a MASSIVE confidence booster for your next internal assessment and later on externals)

In my year, lots of students attended coaching colleges that rushed through topics in an effort to finish the course early. Many coaching colleges do not teach at the same rate/order of topics as the school. As such when internal assessments approached, some of these students found it difficult to recall previous topics that they had learnt months ago or had not been coached in that topic at all.

I focused all my studies on upcoming assessments rather than working at the pace set by coaching colleges. I found this extremely useful and efficient.

[FONT=&quot]Prices[/FONT]
For all subjects excluding UMAT
($40/1.5hr $50/2hr) Marrickville/Campsie/Ashfield libraries or UNSW library (on a day I have uni)
($50/1.5hr $60/2hr) State/Homebush libraries
[sessions are usually 1.5 or 2 hours, but it is completely up to you] [ask if you want something different]

[FONT=&quot]Contact[/FONT]
Email: njd_allstar007@hotmail.com or PM on this forum
NO LONGER TUTORING FOR UMAT

Last edited:

njd007

HSC
Imported recommendations from previous thread

haha this guy was in half my classes and we went to the same tutors for EVERYTHING
he has one of the most brillant minds of everyone i know and is dedicated.
he is great at helping others (like me) understand difficult concepts in physics and chemistry and is a tank at maths.

highly recommended!
I have known Jason since year 5 and he has always been a dedicated person in whatever he does.
Great at sport and most importantly great in studies.
He is an awesome teacher and can understand even the most difficult concepts in maths, physics and chemistry.

Recommendation +1
if u want a hot sexy picture of excellence, it's this guy. he;s hard working, very smart and an efficient communicator. what more could u want?
guys this guy frekken beat me in both maths & chem :(

but thats cos he has always been good at maths since yr7 and prob will be for the rest of his life. so take advantage of his maths genius head by letting him tutor you.

no joke - he helped me a lot with maths and sees the most retarded (ina good way) things in 4u that no one else can. (Y)
jason's a really nice person, known him for 6 yrs at high school and he has helped me a lot with school work, even the most difficult of problems.

He has had experience tutoring ppl before at a coaching centre.
Highly recommended
Everything everyone else has said above, 'nuff said.

+1

Kaatie

HSC
how much for umat coaching? just out of curiosity for later on?

zxreth

HSC
hey,
how much would you charge for tutoring at homebush west??
thanks

johnnywalker

HSC
Interested live in Hurstville can I have a trial lesson?
Subject is 4U thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)