Kazzzzz

HSC
N/A
Does UNSW usually give out unbonded undergraduate offers in late round? Thanks

fluffy

HSC
N/A
Pray hard...

Some of my friends got rejection letter from UNSW Med then they got the offer (early Feb) even after they had arranged the timetable for their second preferences already. The faculty told them that they had last min withdrawals and they were the next applicants in the ranked list, called them and asked whether they're still interested in med, etc..

nit

HSC
I switched preferences after main round, put UNSW med first and got in late-round. I think that only a select few get in second-round. The main time you can get into UNSW medicine after the main round is the late-round.

Edit: most of the late-round offers I know of were csp non-bonded.

beabenn

tambourine man
HSC
There are several possiblities
If you were not offered medicine in the first round, it is likely that you might be offered a bonded medical place in the late round. However, if your only preference is for an unbonded place then if your ranking is high enough (that is higher than the ranking of students already offered a bonded place) than you might get an offer if there are any vacancies. If you were offered a bonded place in the main round you are automatically considered for a unbonded place in the late round.
The associate dean of the faculty told me there are very few places offered in the late round as they offer more places than available in the main round (i.e around 250 offers for the 180 places as they expect some interstaters to reject their offers) However, he did tell me they had trouble in the past fillling bonded places.
So good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)