• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNSW or USyd for commerce masters? (1 Viewer)

kathmustdie

HSC
N/A
Which university is better for Masters in commerce in terms of academic faculty/business faculty and reputation of the course? UNSW or USyd? I intend to specialize in Human Resource management

Opinions needed. Thanks

kathmustdie

HSC
N/A
Both have great courses and equal reputation in the industry.

So your decision should look at other factors like what is offered in the courses you want to pursue in particular, how the courses are structured, which is easier to get to etc.
I intend to specialize in Human Resource Management. The Only differences between the 2 courses is that the HR major at Usyd is not AHRI accredited while the HR Major at UNSW is AHRI accredited. Besides that the units of HR study in Usyd is 12 subjects but the units of HR study at UNSW is at 10 (limit is 10 ; but the choice of electives is at about 20+).

Both are equally prestigious, but i do not want to base my decision on the "prestige" of the university but rather on the academic reputation of the business faculty. From what i gather UNSW has an excellent business/commerce faculty and its engineering is better than USyd. While USyd trumps UNSW in some areas.

Overall i do like the vibe of USyd, but i am not exactly convinced of the program. I am convinced of the UNSW course offering but i am not fond of it vibe.

If UNSW has a better business faculty, i should go for it. But i need more convincing.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd usyd

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
in all seriousness though the reason i picked usyd over macq and unsw was because of the architecture (or vibe as you put it)

i'd be graduating next year if i went to unsw but then i probably wouldn't have enjoyed going to uni as much. that's the thing with life, nothing is ever perfect. there's always some kind of trade-off involved.

opportunity cost and all that jazz. come on weren't you paying attention in econ101

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
so you would not have enjoyed a degree from unsw or macq because of usyd's architecture?

ossgraphics

HSC
I am post graduated from UNSW. However, i suggest you USyd for Masters in Commerce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)