UNSW or USYD for Medical Science? (1 Viewer)

PJ12

HSC
Hello, I have offers for the same degree (Medical Science) at both UNSW and USYD, and was wondering which university is essentially "better?"

I live in rural NSW, hence the commute to Sydney is 8hrs, so I need to be living on campus in order to study. I've also already received scholarships and accommodation from UNSW, but only recently received an offer to USYD, hence am wondering whether it is worth following the proper application process to enrol into the university.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Since you've already received scholarships and accomodation from UNSW, it might be easier for you to complete your enrolment there than to start enrolling at USYD. Also, both UNSW and USYD are great unis so you can't go wrong with either. Something to consider in addition to what I mentioned is semesters (USYD) vs trimesters (UNSW) and which one you feel you lean more towards.

addictedtobubbletea

HSC
not sure how useful my input will be but from what I've heard usyd is more academic and unsw has a better work-student life balance.

personally would go for unsw given scholarship, accommodation & student life but that's my personal preference & u should definitely go for the uni you think suits you & your personality better ! as jimmy said both are fantastic schools

congrats on getting into med in both btw! 🥳

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)