unsw or usyd? (1 Viewer)

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Having gone through a crapload of recruiting, imho the reputation of the BCom's are as follows.

UNSW -> (small gap) -> USyd -> (substantial gap) -> UTS/Macq

As for whether any course is more practical than another, I can only speak from my experience at USyd (do note I finished my BCom 2 years ago so things may have changed).

To put it in a nutshell, it depends on whoever's running the course. For some courses we did numerous up to date case studies and the lecturer/tutors have loads of relevant professional experience. However, for other courses, the experience was not so rewarding. For example, a 25% assignment for a TRADING course was to write an IPO prospectus for a chosen company... WTF

lordesf

HSC
Oh kool

But umm i got a some answers from a friend's friend who did a transfer from usyd to unsw and gave e advice tht finance at unsw is 10x better becuase they do it in the 1st yr etc whilst usyd = 2nd yr, Is this the same for other majors as well?

Also i was told tht:

"at USYD once its week 2 you cant drop the subejct anymore which sucks if you realise you hate it. in UNSW you can go up to like week 6...... very flexible"

is this true?

However he did tel me this "the material you learn is basically the same at both USYD and UNSW. so the old school theory/practical stuff is mostly the same. "

Anyway the thing im worried now is tht say "IF" i transfered from usyd to unsw after 1st yr would this mean i start all over again in unsw? or wil they allow u to continue as a 2nd yr student? and is the transfer difficult?

dumarab

HSC
USYD and University of Melbourne are the type of "Take it or leave it" unis, they don't give out stats and that shit, that's why sometimes it looks like a shit ranking in those mags....but for the people who bag USYD, it has prestige and probably way more internationally and nationally recognised than UNSW as it is the oldest uni in Australia.

The reason why USYD doesn't seem as good to many people is because it doesn't advertise like other unis say UTS and UNSW.

But all in all it doesn't matter which uni you go to as long as you get good marks

llubu2

HSC
UNSW the whole way, it's the best uni for commerce. period.
(ASB - Australian school of businesS)

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Anyway the thing im worried now is tht say "IF" i transfered from usyd to unsw after 1st yr would this mean i start all over again in unsw? or wil they allow u to continue as a 2nd yr student? and is the transfer difficult?

Most units should be transferable as most unis are Group of Eight unis.

For me going from UWA to UNSW I would have to do their science research unit and a bit of other shit and they wont count my computing i think.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Hey

im having a real hard itme deciding which?

Which actually has the better teaching etc for commerce?

For those at unsw and usyd would be nice if u could list a few quik adv and disadv of studying comerce their...

i saw some ranking tht unsw is ranked 2nd ad usyd ranked 4th for business , so i assume it is true unsw has better comerce than usyd?
UNSW does have updated Engineering programs, smokes USYD over.

yeh haha blah blah blah blah "ASIANS" blah blah thts mostly wat it sAYS

But seriously if UNSW is tht muc better in terms of being tht much more practical than usyd and employers views, i would stil sacrifise the transport and the extra $3 toll per trip.

But yeh im hoping i could get more answers...
It is worth the extra $3 trip.
Shame on the cunts who go to UTS/USYD.

UNSW has a better rep than USYD for Commerce.
USYD Commerce has vietnamese gangsters.
USYD Arts has an interest in young boyyyyyyyzzzzzzz.

UNSW the whole way, it's the best uni for commerce. period.
(ASB - Asian school of businesS)
Fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)