unsw or usyd?? (1 Viewer)

wollongong warrior

HSC
unsw is partnered with quite a few hospitals, so is usyd, so placement/networking opportunities aren't really different between the unis. the only thing that would make usyd better is that they have better international connections, although this isn't relevant for most people who want to practice in australia. med experience is prob quite similar between the two unis overall
yea I'm not too sure why usyd med has a better rep than unsw, that's just what i've heard from med ppl

wollongong warrior

HSC
bro the commute to UNSW from where i live is so fucking long i remember going open day and just being beyond annoyed w sad public transport
transport isn't too bad since if you live along any of the train lines, you can just go to central and then take the 20min L2 or L3 ride to unsw upper or lower campus, the only thing shit is the industrial actions (of which one is happening this week which will take away 1 of 2 line rail lines to unsw during assessment/pre final exam season :))) )

carrotsss

HSC
USYD: maths is 100000x harder than unsw due to having to hand calculate everything and shit there is a tad bit outdated compared to unsw,
this doesn’t really make a difference they don’t make you hand calculate anything that hard and we had calculators in first sem anyway. usyd doesn’t do scaling which does make a difference but they tend to mark harder subjects/exams much more leniently in the maths faculty, which mostly offsets the difficulty difference (I experienced this first hand last sem I def didn’t deserve my result in maths lol). the faculty at least so far have also been pretty good in that they genuinely care about students, they made a ton of changes last sem based on student feedback throughout the sem

usyd comp sci does sorta suck tbh but a lot of the bad subjects are only in advanced computing not the bsc comp sci major so you can sorta make it decent by just doing that. it’s also a bit more flexible at usyd since u can do a double major with comp sci rather than having to do a longer double degree which can save a year which is pretty worth it

idkkdi

HSC
this doesn’t really make a difference they don’t make you hand calculate anything that hard and we had calculators in first sem anyway. usyd doesn’t do scaling which does make a difference but they tend to mark harder subjects/exams much more leniently in the maths faculty, which mostly offsets the difficulty difference (I experienced this first hand last sem I def didn’t deserve my result in maths lol). the faculty at least so far have also been pretty good in that they genuinely care about students, they made a ton of changes last sem based on student feedback throughout the sem

usyd comp sci does sorta suck tbh but a lot of the bad subjects are only in advanced computing not the bsc comp sci major so you can sorta make it decent by just doing that. it’s also a bit more flexible at usyd since u can do a double major with comp sci rather than having to do a longer double degree which can save a year which is pretty worth it
nah there's scaling in some maths subjects when the marks are too tragic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)