UNSW OR UTS?? (1 Viewer)

akkjen

HSC
N/A
hi everyone
i am going to do engineering next year, unsw is going to be hard and i dont know if i will get the atar but if i do what uni do i choose. uts is a better location for me. they both have trimesters so that doesnt matter. is the 1 year internship a good thing to do, i heard it was a waste of 9 months in uni instead of doing the 3 month intership. how is the teaching in uts compared to unsw? thanks

blyatman

HSC
N/A
That depends on what type of engineering you want to do. In terms of the 9 month internship, it is usually a good thing, since there's a good chance that they'll give you a job offer afterward (assuming you weren't incompetent). However, if your not interested in that (or if your job sucks), then you might only prefer the 3 month internship.

quickoats

HSC
Hey there!
Not too sure on the specifics, but I think the trimester systems are a bit different (may or may not make a difference in your decision). UTS's trimesters are actually the normal semester system seen in the other unis, but their optional summer semester is extended to the length of a normal term, hence '3 terms' (2+1). However, UNSW has 3 short trimesters throughout the year + a very short optional summer term, (3+1) so it may be a bit more fast-paced with less room for breaks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)