UNSW please explain... (1 Viewer)

HSC
I got 202 raw marks for UMAT (Section 1 64/95, Section 2 63/94, Section 3 75/99)and a UAI of 99.25 and i've just been rejected for late round UNSW med interview.

OK so fair enough the uai isnt the best, but surely there couldnt have been so many 99.90+ people with good UMAT's that I couldnt top are there? Anyone have any idea whats going on here? or have i just been screwed?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hmmm more applicants with better marks possibly..

obviously u didnt make the cut by their methods..
wait a little longer or did they offer all the late places already?

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
I'm surprised that you didnt get a main round interview. I would definitely ring them up.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
ring em, you shoulda got an interview

dda107

Senior
HSC
keep us informed, anyone know what a 99.7 required?

HSC
yeah i did everything right for the late application. I have a friend pravski, who started the other thread, who got the 99.85/164 who made it, so in theory i sailed over the mark much more than he did.

nesso

UNSW med

jeez louise i got 93.50 hoped for rural entry....u guys did AWESOMELY! remember that ... all the best and remember there is always post grad ..thats what i'm aiming for one day :)

HSC
Its alright guys, i got the interview. They just lost track of my scores, i think the table in the site is right after all.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
santaslayer said:
omg, unsw left you out coz of some stupid admin problem?

how can u sorta forget??
UNSW isnt the only school to do that...

there are alot of admin issues with UMAT, UAIs and Interview Scores at other unis and i have heard admission officers wish it was easier

its very easy to screw up with 3000+ students applying and filtering them to find who is eligible for a couple of places...

Law lets admission centres do it and its only tertiary score.. so its way more transparent
but it lacks the multifactorial nature of med entry

santaslayer

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
UNSW isnt the only school to do that...

there are alot of admin issues with UMAT, UAIs and Interview Scores at other unis and i have heard admission officers wish it was easier

its very easy to screw up with 3000+ students applying and filtering them to find who is eligible for a couple of places...

Law lets admission centres do it and its only tertiary score.. so its way more transparent
but it lacks the multifactorial nature of med entry
yeah i wasn't being critical of unsw in specifc...more critical of the possibilites of admin problems..

i just thought it was kinda scary...
they could leave u out on the basis of an admin glitch.
what if some idiot just thought they would take the decision? i guess they wouldnt be fit to do med in the first place then..:p

sorry, im answering my own questions..

but forgetting to put ur preferences down is just unforgivable.

i do acknowledge the difficulty of admission procedures, just very scary at the same time. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)