• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UNSW portfolio entry (1 Viewer)

No surprises

HSC
Hi guys I wonder if anyone has done this portfolio entry program and received an offer last year ?
How did you guys structured your letter of introduction and critical reflection? What kind of stuff should you include in these two parts?
Is the critical reflection on your own work(portfolio on your original work) or could be a reflection on anything?(such as a program shows your leadership skills before and write a critical reflection on it?)

Also, I want to apply for bachelor of city planning, so I want to submit my urban places report from year 12 geo...a problem is the portfolio has to be less than 5 pages but my report is more than 20 pages so should I change the font or should I choose my best 5 pages?

This is from UNSW website:
  • Letter of introduction
    A letter of introduction to explain your interest in studying at UNSW ADA and specific degree(s). The letter should tell us about your passion, strengths and abilities which would help you excel in studying and practicing in the field(s) (maximum 400 words).
  • Portfolio of original work
    A portfolio of original work that illustrates your ability and interest in studying your chosen degree(s). This could include an article, essay or blog, social media campaign, website, photos, video, school report, or a letter of recommendation (Choose up to three submissions- you can have multiple submissions in the same category)
  • Critical reflection
    A 500-word critical reflection on a unique problem you have tackled and the impact that you've made. This could be done by discussing a problem that you have set out to solve in a relevant subject, drawing from your experience at school, work, family, or in the community. What succeeded? What didn’t? What did you learn? What could you have done differently? (500 words or a 3-minute video)

• ANY response would be appreciated, thanks:)

Bubble_pop2000

HSC
Hey, I was wondering if you've submitted your portfolio yet? For the six image submission are you struggling to write a 50 word artist statement and it wont let you go past the word limit?

No surprises

HSC
I honestly can't really do 50 word... and the limit is 5 pages x A4 isn't it?(I actually don't know cause I am doing criteria B which I believe you are doing A?)
Hey, I was wondering if you've submitted your portfolio yet? For the six image submission are you struggling to write a 50 word artist statement and it wont let you go past the word limit?

No surprises

HSC
Everything, literally everything has to be shorten;-; But at least I finished 99% of it, I am submitting on Thursdat

4lulai

HSC
Everything, literally everything has to be shorten;-; But at least I finished 99% of it, I am submitting on Thursdat
Im guessing you got accepted through your section B portfolio? (Congrats on that!)

Im planning to submit something for either a Bachelor of city planning or social sciences
Do you mind helping a sister out and giving me some pointers on how u did your portfolio of work (im thinking about doing an essay but i want to stand out from other entries) & your critical analysis?

No surprises

HSC
Im guessing you got accepted through your section B portfolio? (Congrats on that!)

Im planning to submit something for either a Bachelor of city planning or social sciences
Do you mind helping a sister out and giving me some pointers on how u did your portfolio of work (im thinking about doing an essay but i want to stand out from other entries) & your critical analysis?
Hi there! Happy to hear that you wanna do city planning:)Let's go!!
I just submitted my year 12 geography report(i.e. SGP) and got accepted, one of my friend legit did his portfolio a night before deadline so don't worry too much.
I would say if you are planning to do an essay, maybe do something that can demostrate your passion. So whether it's relavant to properties, or city design etc.

I also highly encourage you to go to the portfolio entry workshop, they run it some days before the deadline. As they said, someone legit submitted 5 photos of buildings he took and he got into bachelor of architecture:0

Another thing is city planning cohort has became bigger than last year. It went from around 50 people to 80ish right now, so it's good you are planning to do portfolio:D.

For the critical analysis, it depends what you are planning to talk about, I did talk about my high school volunteer experience and that seems like what they like to hear lmao...

Hit me with any questions you have.

Vintu

HSC
Hi there! Happy to hear that you wanna do city planning:)Let's go!!
I just submitted my year 12 geography report(i.e. SGP) and got accepted, one of my friend legit did his portfolio a night before deadline so don't worry too much.
I would say if you are planning to do an essay, maybe do something that can demostrate your passion. So whether it's relavant to properties, or city design etc.

I also highly encourage you to go to the portfolio entry workshop, they run it some days before the deadline. As they said, someone legit submitted 5 photos of buildings he took and he got into bachelor of architecture:0

Another thing is city planning cohort has became bigger than last year. It went from around 50 people to 80ish right now, so it's good you are planning to do portfolio:D.

For the critical analysis, it depends what you are planning to talk about, I did talk about my high school volunteer experience and that seems like what they like to hear lmao...

Hit me with any questions you have.
If you don't mind me asking how many adjustment points did you end up getting for portfolio entry? Im interested in applying for architecture and just wanted to get a rough idea into what most people get

No surprises

HSC
If you don't mind me asking how many adjustment points did you end up getting for portfolio entry? Im interested in applying for architecture and just wanted to get a rough idea into what most people get
I don't know, and I don't think anyone know ahahahahahahahha, you don't get to see your adjustment points.

4lulai

HSC
Thanks so much for this!

Does this mean your critical analysis doesn't have to be directly related to your portfolio?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)