• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

unsw- predicted uais (1 Viewer)

missanney

HSC
this application thingy is jst for medicine ppl, i think the other courses are in august or something

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
missanney said:
this application thingy is jst for medicine ppl, i think the other courses are in august or something
Ah okay cool, thanks. Was a bit worried for a sec. Although I'll be stuffed if I'm going there for a pre-interview :p

ssglain

HSC
Of the unis in Sydney, only UNSW requires a UAI prediction (as well as an elaborate application form - entry closing this Friday, by the way).

I hear that some schools give out inflated predictions to give their students a better chance at getting first-round interview. I'm rather glad my principal is keeping things within perspective for us.

Read aussiechica7's response - it covers pretty much everything you need to know on this matter. Don't worry too much if your prediction is less than the 95 cut-off to be considered for first-round - you can always work hard to do better in the HSC. Ultimately it's the actual UAI that is worth the weight.

Edit: Oh and remember that the predicted UAI is paired up with the actual UMAT score when they consider invitations to attend interview. A predicted UAI of 95 needs to be matched by a UMAT score of 250 and as one goes up the other goes down - for example if your predicted UAI is 100 then you only need a UMAT score of 170. The list is on the UNSW website.

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
ssglain said:
Of the unis in Sydney, only UNSW requires a UAI prediction (as well as an elaborate application form - entry closing this Friday, by the way).
is it really ?
i thought i saw it on the UWS medicine application form as well o_O" .. or am i mistaken?

aussiechica7

HSC
uws and newcastle also require direct applications to the faculty... check the websites.

bmwz4

HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
is it really ?
i thought i saw it on the UWS medicine application form as well o_O" .. or am i mistaken?
no ur not, UWS needs it:)

mat2154

HSC
at my school its pretty dodgy, if you applied early the principal gives you a proper prediction based on your report, if you apply late you have to go to the year advisor who just asks you "what do you think you will get" and you could answer 100 and he would write it down and sign it off for you

Season

HSC
I'm pretty sure every single medical school in Australia requires an UAI estimate.

Our school always give us a range of what they think we'd get, our school advisor just gave us the upper end of the range, ie my range is 94-98, thus she put 98 on the form. Which I was very happy with :)

kloudsurfer

HSC
My Careers advisor asked me to ask all my teachers around what mark they think i will get in the hsc for that particular subject, and then he put it into a UAI calculator, and there was my prediction.

Personally I think it was too high but anyway...

ssglain

HSC
LottoX said:
It's a lot worse if they underestimate.

It's actually 220 something and 150 something now. Check the UNSW website.

EDIT: 227 and 152
LOL I'm sorry if I'm misleading people. My info is so back-dated. The last time I checked was back in April when I was getting my application forms together. I suppose it's good news now that the UMAT scores are lower.

At my school, the principal made the prediction based on reports, internal ranks and teacher's comments. She gave me 98-100, which is obviously going to take a lot of effort to live up to. I got everything together very early so my principal had time to discuss a lot of things with me. It was good interview prep, if I do get an invitation. Some people who were trying to get predictions at the last minute (i.e. this week) had very impatient receptions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)