UNSW school maths comp (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
Heyla

Can someone scan this up?

I figured out the first question. I wanna have a go at the others. :)

Ta

Archman

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by turtle_2468
can someone also tell me when awards ceremony is when results come out?
hehe, you gonna make a guest appearance?

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
more like, the people handing the awards will accidently try to give him the gold thingo

:-\

btw, i've got it

anyone else want it?

Last edited:

CrashOveride

HSC
Is this the comp thats done like in late july early august? or is that westpac or something

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Crash: UNSW is the one u get to bring any textbooks/calcs in for 5 question in 3 hrs.

turtle_2468

HSC
He needs to vacate clancy as well :p
UNSW is the one where you can tell it's coming in a week.. because all the maths books in the library go mysteriously missing all at once...

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by Grey Council
lol, well said

although where do YOU come into the equation
:confused:

:p
if u haven't already noticed, i'm always on the right hand side of every equation :p

turtle_2468

HSC
computer-types are probably not allowed from memory... but the crazy thing is, one year they repeated a question, and someone just copied the proof out from a book... Fick's formula I think (the inside points/boundary points/area one).

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
Originally posted by spice girl
if u haven't already noticed, i'm always on the right hand side of every equation :p
lol, well said
^_^

and I have no idea what is allowed. :-\
All I know is that question 1 was easy, and question 5 looks interesting. Too bad I have exams next week, or I'd give myself 3 hours to see how I go. :(

Archman

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by turtle_2468
computer-types are probably not allowed from memory... but the crazy thing is, one year they repeated a question, and someone just copied the proof out from a book... Fick's formula I think (the inside points/boundary points/area one).
You mean Pick's

gman03

HSC
Drawing equipments are always useful... however I couldn't draw.... hence no prize nor award.

SeDaTeD

HSC
Hahaha, I only found out that the competiton was on only 20 minutes before I started. The teacher in charge knew about it like a month before but it slipped his mind to notify me. I only found out when my ancient history teacher asked me what's this maths competition you're doing according to the absentee sheet. So i got off the last 3 periods to do it.

Anyway, armed with no textbooks, I had a go at this surprise exam. Q1 was straightforward. Q2a was just an induction question. Q2b I got up to a point where i had to find 2 consecutive squares that add up to another perfect square, but I only solved it afterwards. Q3 was easy, just threw in Heron's formula. Q4 i did but I made a very stupid mistake on it. Q5 was easy if u chucked complex numbers in. And Q6 I didn't really have a go at.

This one I sorta found a bit easier than last year's, except that I figured some of it out after the exam. Hopefully I did enough to get a good score.

I could waste my time trying to type the Q's all up if anyone wants.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
hehe, Archman got all but the last.
He went off to Athens to compete in the International Mathematical Olympiad last friday, I think.

lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)