UNSW Software Eng. vs USYD Software Eng. ?? (1 Viewer)

garry007

HSC
N/A
Hi ! I was just curious about which University offers a better B Software Eng course, and what the differences are, coz right now im a bit consfused :)
Thanks guys.

TruthIsOutThere

HSC
Go to UNSW, their engineering and computer science is better than USYD. They have better facilities, that is, newer computers and labs. Their course work is more practical, closely related to the industry. USYD focuses on more theoretical parts. Employers regard UNSW graduates more highly than USYD ones.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
TruthIsOutThere said:
Go to UNSW, their engineering and computer science is better than USYD. They have better facilities, that is, newer computers and labs. Their course work is more practical, closely related to the industry. USYD focuses on more theoretical parts. Employers regard UNSW graduates more highly than USYD ones.
plus unsw recently introduced a new combined degre:. Bachleor of Commerce/Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering). Seng complements actuarial studies as there is a burgeoning demand for actuarial software.

oh yeah, unsw has a comp sci coop program too.

Last edited:

aditya

HSC
wow thats awesome analysis seraphim! FUCK NOW I WANT TO DO THAT!
GREAT THANKS FOR COMING :mad:

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
aditya said:
wow thats awesome analysis seraphim! FUCK NOW I WANT TO DO THAT!
GREAT THANKS FOR COMING :mad:
seng is hard on its own. this course is expected to be a killer. do comp sci and actuarial. even tho it sounds eng betters better, comp sci do same courses, learn same skills and have more flexibility in the choice of units - eg no of programming subjects, etc, etc

AE86

HSC
How about computer engineering??

How hard is that compared to comp sci?

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
AE86 said:
How about computer engineering??

How hard is that compared to comp sci?
Comp eng @ Usyd u have to do subjects which Yash teaches..... comp sci ==> No Yash simple! :)

aditya

HSC
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL @ Yash!!!

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
if you thoroughly understand the theory of everything related to what you are doing..then when you reach a problem in the industry, you have the founding to logically deduct a solution based entirely on the theoretics.

USYD :)

aditya

HSC
gordo man i was just gonna say that.... i fkn love u man noone else fkn understands that, only usyd people understnad that....

wen i read about the subjects im doing, and compare them to the ones that are being taught at unsw and uts is even worse.... i just laugh... honestly.... u guys are gonna be fucked.... id rather be taught about something and teach myself how to apply it, cuz im good at that, rather than being taught how to solve each problem or to write that particular program... its much better if u have a broad theory base than a broad practical base...

the only employers that regard practical teaching are the smaller companies which dunt have the resources to introduce their graduates into the industry, they just want them into it, doing small, related, but small tasks.... as compared the usyd engineeris who will come out with all this knowledge, that wen they are taught in the industry they are able to grasp anything thats thrown at them with more ease, and appreication than thos eof uts (i dno about unsw, it seems in between the two extremes of usyd and uts) -

but the thing is, the usyd software engineering course is very practical, the onyl subjects that are theoritcal are the math subjects....

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
usyd is an ugly piece of shit uni

i feel like im in buckingham palace when im there, go unsw.

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
:), lion, if you hate USYD iso much, then why are you replying in the USYD thread? shoudnt even be here :)

aditya

HSC
lol yeh its got a mirror effect, thats prolli y u think that way =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)