UNSW STUDENT HERE, PLEASE READ THIS (1 Viewer)

x___y

HSC
I would like to start this post by saying that by no means should y’all take my advice, but I got a very good ATAR by genuinely studying less than 5 hours a week.

Hey guys, I’m a first year at UNSW doing a Compsci/Comm double. I was in the exact same position as you all just last year, and coming back has hit me with some nostalgia. I used to sit in the library in my free periods, VERY VERY behind on content and genuinely always stressed about the HSC, trials and worst my *ranks*, and basically just passed time scrolling through these forums. I used to rant and ask questions about how to study effectively almost everyday on here thinking I was being productive, but that did nothing but waste time.

However, genuinely I cannot emphasise this enough, y’all can take it easy and chill. Look, I’m being completely honest here, I did the least study compared to anyone I know, still pulled off a 90+ atar. For english, business, and engineering studies, I put absolutely zero effort. In class I fkd around with my mates and paid no attention. At home, I didn’t study for these subjects one bit. The only time I would study would be from a few days before an exam or assessment, and even then, I used to get around 60s and 70s. For maths and physics, I also didn’t study much, but went to tuition so I was always up to date with content, and was pulling 80s and 90s consistently. My marks were decent, but genuinely for the whole year, I probably did a total of 3 to 4 hours of actual study in a week.

When HSC time came around, istg I really did try to get my act together and create a proper timetable, but I only sticked to it for a day or two. Yet again, for everything besides maths and physics, I only studied from the week before. I did zero practice papers for english, business and engineering, and still got b5s. For maths and phys, I enjoyed studying them so I went through the syllabus in 2 weeks for both subjects, and did three to four past papers. B6s in these.

Alright I’ve been on a massive rant, but I just need to let y’all know you can chill tf out fr. HSC really ain’t that bad, deadass all u gotta do is just study to the SYLLABUS. When y’all reach uni, you will be looking back at the HSC and thinking it was so fkn easy, cause it seriously is. Y’all have so much time, so honestly just dedicate 1 week to 1 subject and grind the whole syllabus of that subject in one day. What I mean by that is pick a week, and assign like business studies to it. In that week, finish the whole syllabus, then for the rest of the year, just grind past papers. HSC is fkn ez I ain’t kidding, y’all have it so easy compared to UNI FFS😭

tortellini

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm a third year UNSW student doing comm/law and the trimester system is killing me :(

pogchampion

HSC
The main thing HSC students should take away from this is to not stress out too much, and to study more effectively rather than for longer periods of time :)

Nice work though @x___y , I'm glad that everything worked out well :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)