• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

unsw to uts ! (1 Viewer)

nadine99

HSC
Hi there,

im currently doing a b arts/education at unsw and im in my second year. my WAM (weighted average mark) is 74.375 for last year.

The degree that i desperatley am wanting to get into in next semester is the BA in communication (public communication) at uts and i believe the uai is now something like 94.05. my uai back in 05 was 78.90 ( yes low)

i got into BA communications (writing and cultures) (uai of 86?) at uts at the beginning of this year, but decided against pursuing it.

would anyone be able to tell me my chances or what my current entry rank is or what gpa i would need to get this semsester in order to get in?

also does uts offer this course next session? i am exempt from some of the core first year subjects so i have the ability to go straight into second session subjects without the 1st semester ones done... is there a way of haggling my way in without stupid uac cause i already got in a similar? lol....yeah right

also, should i just jump into something like social inquiry in communications at uts ( in my desperate attempt to leave my teaching degree) at an attempt to transfer later??

-going insane-
thanks in advance!!!!!!!!
xo much appreciated

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well, your wam is just a bit below deistinction average, but still excellent nonetheless
i think even due to your low UAI, you would have a bit of trouble entering the BA public communication course, so have you tried doing any other method to boost your selection, ie complete a personal statement if they have one?

you could try apply again during mid year transfer, but ill ask one of those humanities admin staff to see whether your UAI, GPA and personal statement would be sufficient enough to be competitive to get you a spot in B public communications

i wish you look for future success, and keep trying :)

poppop

HSC
N/A
cant you take advertising (public communication) as a sub major/electives in any of the B arts in communication anyway? :eek:

i think u can also take it in the B Design in Visual communication as well. although, the uai for that is in the 90s as well.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
This is probably too late ... but anyway:

You can't use WAM to transfer into communications from another uni, its gpa and i think a credit average would be sufficient since you're second year and looking at the charts uac scales a 2 year gpa up more than a first year (for transfer purposes only).
You do need to go through UAC
You can't transfer into UTS BA Comm. midsession
You could start your pub comm major from any communications degree and change after a year in that degree - so social inquiry or writing would be perfect starting places for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)