UNSW vs UTS engineering (1 Viewer)

jarodphillips_

HSC
Which university is generally better? it would be great if people from these two universities doing any engineering degree could share pros and cons about them. Having a hard time choosing between these two, leaning towards UTS at this moment.

thanks!

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Which university is generally better? it would be great if people from these two universities doing any engineering degree could share pros and cons about them. Having a hard time choosing between these two, leaning towards UTS at this moment.

thanks!
Unsw Engineering is much more rigorous/difficult and is thus generally considered better due to the Atar requirements being higher, meaning on average you'll likely be surrounded by students who are much more inclined to do well which is helpful.

Having seen the work for equivalent courses from my friends that go to UTS this is the general consensus held by ALL of us not just me. I've heard that UTS has a bit more of the practical side to it rather than just hardcore theory but I would still recommend Unsw. That's not to say UTS is bad or anything, certainly their quality of education is quite good as well but if you had to choose between the two I say go with Unsw.

jarodphillips_

HSC
Unsw Engineering is much more rigorous/difficult and is thus generally considered better due to the Atar requirements being higher, meaning on average you'll likely be surrounded by students who are much more inclined to do well which is helpful.

Having seen the work for equivalent courses from my friends that go to UTS this is the general consensus held by ALL of us not just me. I've heard that UTS has a bit more of the practical side to it rather than just hardcore theory but I would still recommend Unsw. That's not to say UTS is bad or anything, certainly their quality of education is quite good as well but if you had to choose between the two I say go with Unsw.
A couple of my family members are engineers and have been telling me fresh uni grads are essentially useless when they have no practical experience. You can do all the theoretical calculations and learning you want but I don't see that being the main consensus of being an engineer.

blyatman

HSC
N/A
A couple of my family members are engineers and have been telling me fresh uni grads are essentially useless when they have no practical experience. You can do all the theoretical calculations and learning you want but I don't see that being the main consensus of being an engineer.
^This.

Time&moretime

HSC

What are the steps an Engineeering undergrad can take to work towards being a good engineer? And asking on behalf of someone, are there many career opportunities for Chemical Engineers in NSW, Australia?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)